UPDATE: A source exclusively tells E! News of the new couple, "Jake and Alyssa are definitely getting hot and heavy. It's only been a few weeks but they are totally boyfriend, girlfriend. He is really into her."
Does Jake Gyllenhaal have a hot new girlfriend?
The 32-year-old actor is rumored to be romancing model Alyssa Miller. The possible new couple were reportedly spotted making out recently at the Cold Process coffee shop at Pier 57 along the Hudson River in NYC.
While we wait to see if Gyllenhaal and Miller's relationship is real (his rep had no comment), here are five things to know about the brunette beauty.
1. California Girl: Miller is 23 and hails from Southern California. If the lovebirds are a couple, Gyllenhaal might want to go shopping for a birthday gift, as Miller turns 24 on July 4.
2. Famous Face: Miller is a bona fide model. She's appeared on the covers of Vogue Germany and Russia and Elle Italy before becoming the face of Guess clothing in 2010. She also made her Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue debut in 2011 alongside Kate Upton.
3. She Loves Sports: If she didn't make it as a model, Miller would probably be playing professional women's soccer right now. "I thought for sure that I would go pro," she's said. "It's still exciting to be in the sports world in my own way."
4. And Not Just Soccer: Like Gyllenhaal, Miller is a Yankees fan. She recently posted a photo of an all-black Yankees baseball cap (identical to the one Gyllenhaal wears) with the caption, "Bring NY with me."
5. Other Fun Facts: In a recent interview with Vogue.com, Miller said that the quality she looks for most in a boyfriend is "passion." Miller says she loves reading the Game of Thrones series and listens to anything Kanye West and Bruno Mars. As for her style icon? She'd love to trade closets with Diane Kruger.
—Reporting by Ruth ONeill