Talk about a statement piece!
A head-turning hat was the accessory of choice at the 2013 Royal Ascot. With all the towering toppers in sight, we find it hard to believe that anyone could pay attention to the actual races. And since we're more into fashion than sports anyway, we thought we'd take a look at the five most far out fascinators that daring gals decided to wear on race day.
1. Style Statement: For those who missed the memo, Katherine Jenkins' Phillip Treacy hat literally spelled out—three times, no less!—the must-have accessory of the Ascot.
2. Sweet Style: Designer Larisa Katz accessorized with a hard-to-miss hat made from chocolate packaging. Hmm, Project Runway might want to consider this for their next unconventional materials challenge!
3. Horsing Around: Bringing new meaning to My Little Pony, this racegoer opted for headgear embellished with a fab little filly.
4. Pearl Jam: We find TV personality Anneka Tanaka-Svenska's outrageous fascinator just as hilarious as she does!
5. Bumble Fumble: Florence Claridge's topper definitely had us, ahem, buzzing about the fact that its black-and-yellow design had her looking a bit like a bee!