What do a serial killer, a prince, a werewolf hunter and an ad salesman have in common? They're all fathers!
In honor of Father's Day this Sunday, we've decided to rank the best and worst fathers currently doling out advice or traumatizing their offspring on TV, including leading men from Modern Family, The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones!
Plus, we selected five men to honor as TV's all-time greatest dads!
5 Best Dads Currently on TV
1. Prince Charming (Josh Dallas), Once Upon a Time: He. Will. Always. Find. You. Plus, he will literally carry you to safety while swordfighting the Queen's (Lana Parrilla) evil minions. And he's a pretty sweet grandfather, so cheer up, Emma (Jennifer Morrison), it could totally be worse!
2. Phil Dunphy (Ty Burrell), Modern Family: He's pretty much the coolest uncool dad ever, yo!
3. Chris Argent (J.R. Bourne), Teen Wolf: An intense werewolf hunter with a moral compass and a soft spot for his daughter? Break us off a piece of that!
4. Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall), Dexter: OK sure, he's a serial killer and all, but he really loves Harrison! (Don't worry, we've already had long, long talks with our therapists about this.)
5. Jim Halpert (John Krasinski) and Michael Scott (Steve Carell), The Office: Sorry, but we just couldn't choose between these two men! Michael had to get two phones to hold all of the pictures he takes of his children, while Jim is Jim freakin' Halpert. Need we say more?
5 Worst Dads Currently on TV
1. Joe Carroll (James Purefoy), The Following: Nothing like having the world's most notorious serial killer as your father, plus he wants to groom you as the next cult leader. Talk about pressure!
2. Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln), The Walking Dead: He's too busy trying to be the group's leader that he's yet to notice his son Carl is turning into quite the little sociopath.
3. Don Draper (Jon Hamm), Mad Men: Poor, poor Sally (Kiernan Shipka), she never stood a chance...especially after walking in on Don hooking up with their neighbor. Keep doin' you, Don...just far, far away from your kids.
4. Jaime Lannister (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau), Game of Thrones: The dude fathered three kids with his twin sister: Ew! He is 50 percent responsible for the parasite that is Joffrey (Jack Gleeson): Unforgivable.
5. Brody (Damian Lewis), Homeland: A lot of fans had it out for his teen daughter Dana (Morgan Saylor), but we think she handled learning of her father's terrorist connections rather well. And Brody will never finish that game of cards with poor, neglected Chris (Jackson Pace) now will he?!
5 Greatest TV Dads of All-Time (In our Biased Opinion!)
1. Coach Eric Taylor (Kyle Chandler), Friday Night Lights: Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose...when you've got Coach Taylor, the king-maker and all around greatest man to ever live, guiding you.
2. Sandy Cohen (Peter Gallagher), The O.C.: He surfs, he nurtures, he doesn't salt your game and he can schmear one mean bagel.
3. Keith Mars (Enrico Colantoni), Veronica Mars: The only man in history who can say "Who's your daddy?" without coming off like a total sleazeball.
4. Rupert Giles (Anthony Head), Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Who cares if he wasn't Buffy's (Sarah Michelle Gellar) biological father?! He was fired as a Watcher for caring too deeply for her. Feeeeeeels!
5. Jack Bristow (Victor Garber), Alias: Sure, he may be a bit cold, a bit distant and very brutal, but Jack will do anything to keep his daughter, Sydney, safe. Something that's not easy to do when your daughter is a double agent in constant danger (seriously, how many times did Jack save her life?!)