Naturally, we are beyond excited to meet a mini-Will or mini-Kate, but we also can't help but think about how amazing it would be to have the duke and duchess as parents!
Here are 10 royally awesome reasons we'd love to call Kate and Wills mom and dad!
1. Not Entitled, but Titled: Listen, Kate and Will are down to earth. Come on—the future King of England even takes public transportation! They're not going to raise some pompous child, but one who appreciates the benefits of being a royal. Because of who they are their little babe will automatically be born a prince or princess.
2. They're Totally Fashion Forward: If it's a boy, let's be honest, the wardrobe won't be quite as cool as a girl's. Still, William always looks dapper, classy and polished in those suits he wears! And Kate, who dazzles in designer brands and also recycles her affordable every-girl wardrobe, too, would undoubtedly dress a little princess like, well, a little princess. Plus, it's kinda cool for your mom to be voted the most influential beauty icon in the U.K.
3. Fine Culture at Your Fingertips: Kate and Will are not so-superior art connoisseurs. They are, however, appreciators of creative endeavors and will surely expose their child to different works from a variety of artists as well. Kate's even has an official portrait hanging in the National Portrait Gallery.
4. They're Dog People: If you don't like dogs, well, we don't know what to say. Fortunately, Kate and Will are canine-lovers! They're also the proud parents of Lupo, a super cute cocker spaniel. Added bonus: Kids raised with pups grow up to be more responsible and empathetic human beings!
5. Magical Life: Not even Kate and Will's child will actually get to go to Hogwarts, but they'll be able to get fairly close to Platform Nine and Three-Quarters. Will and Kate were super excited to visit the Harry Potter exhibit at the launch of Warner Bros. Studios this past April. Now, even though they are just Muggles, they've got a pretty majestic hookup when it comes to wizards, wands and actually, pretty much all things make-believe!
6. Awesome Aunt, Unbelievable Uncle: Mom's sis, Pippa Middleton, and dad's bro, Prince Harry, will definitely be the most fun of all the relatives. If you ever get into any trouble in Las Vegas or get caught up with a friend who thinks fake guns are funny, these two have got your back. A little royal scandal? Nothing Harry and Pippa can't handle!
7. Kind, Philanthropic and Selfless: Purple is the color of royalty, but Kate and Wills have hearts of gold. The royal couple is committed to volunteering and working with various charities. When Kate became a patron of three new charities in April, the palace said she chose those that "mirror her personal interests in supporting children and young people to build their skills, confidence and aspirations."
8. Castle Time: OK, so grandmummy Queen Elizabeth II calls Buckingham Palace home, but Anmer Hall isn't too shabby. The massive country mansion, located on the Sandringham estate in Norfolk, has 10 bedrooms. It's possible an archaeological dig could delay mum, pop, and new baby's move-in date, but any temporary housing situation for the royal fam should be up to standard.
9. Move It, Move It: Kate and Will are fit and fun! The active couple aren't haven't shied away from any sport yet—from basketball to ping-pong. Did we mention they had really good seats at the 2012 London Olympics?
10. Need a Vacation?: As newlyweds, they honeymooned in the Seychelles. They've also been known to take getaway jaunts to tropical locales like Mustique, where they reportedly stayed in a posh £19,000-per-week villa (roughly $30,000 per week). Needless to say, there will be plenty of room for a crib.
Whew. How lucky is this royal baby? Kate and Will, you can adopt us, too?!
(Originally published June 21, 2013, at 12:30 p.m. PT)