Ethan Miller/Getty Images
Ethan Miller/Getty Images
Sandra Bullock may soon be bringing her vocal chops to the big screen. And we can't wait.
If cast, the Oscar-winning actress will play Miss Hannigan, the cruel woman who runs the orphanage where Annie (Wallis) and her friends live.
Although Bullock may seem like an unlikely choice, she's certainly wouldn't be the first star to surprise us with her singing skills. Here are five stars who wowed us with their singing on the big screen:
1. Anne Hathaway in Les Misérables: Must we even explain this one? The brunette beauty amazed us with both her singing and acting chops in the movie musical Les Misérables. She took home the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her phenomenal performance, and she even chopped off her hair onscreen as the prostitute Fantine. Oh, and did we mention she sang live in the film? A well-deserved Oscar, indeed.
2. Reese Witherspoon in Walk the Line: Who knew Elle Woods could carry a tune? The 37-year-old actress seriously impressed when she sang in the flick based on the life and career of Johnny Cash and wife June Carter Cash. Grammy-award winning artist Michael Bublé was even so impressed with her performance, he decided to record a duet with the actress for his next album. "That's where I fell in love," the Canadian singer said of Reese's character. "She's great."
Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images
3. Gwyneth Paltrow in Country Strong: The stunning star stole the musical spotlight from her Coldplay hubby Chris Martin when she starred alongside Tim McGraw and Garrett Hedlund in the country music drama. Paltrow has gone on to sing on the hit show Glee and even perform live at events, including Prince Philip's 90th birthday. Talk about a royal treat!
4. Renée Zellweger in Chicago: Our eyes and ears were in awe of the Bridget Jones star when she belted out the tunes as the beloved Roxie Hart. She sang, danced and killed it on the big screen, and we loved every minute of Renee's performance. Honorable mention to Richard Gere, because, let's be real, who knew he could sing? (Or tap?!)
5. Johnny Depp in Sweeney Todd: The hunky star already had some serious acting cred when he took on the role of the demon barber, but it was his singing skills in the movie musical that left us stunned. Sure, he'd played guitar in a band in his youth, but since his days on Fleet Street the 50-year-old actor recorded a duet with ex Vanessa Paradis , jammed with Alice Cooper in London and even sang onstage with Aerosmith last summer. Oh, what we wouldn't give to jam with the sexy star!
Did these celeb performances leave you impressed? Hit the comments to sound off with your picks for the most surprising singing stars!