A rep for the Dancing With the Stars alum tells E! News he and the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model are "just friends."
But this 33-year-old Ukrainian hunk isn't just friend material in everyone's eyes. Here are five need-to-know facts about Maks!
1. He Almost Didn't Have a Career in Dance: Most of us fell in love with Maks and his moves during his 15 seasons of Dancing With the Stars, but a serious ski injury as a child almost derailed his future career completely. According to his official bio, he underwent many surgeries and was hospitalized for months. Doctors told Maks about his high chance of being handicapped for the remainder of his life, but he "was adamant in proving them wrong." He then begin "rigorous physical therapy and dedicated months of his time to healing." And before long, young Maks was up and dancing to everyone's delight.
2. He Looked for Love on Reality TV: Who wouldn't accept a rose from Maks? Well, in 2011, some lucky ladies got their chance at romance when he starred in the Ukranian version of The Bachelor. And while he did give a girl a "promise ring" at the end of it all, his rep later confirmed that things didn't work out between the twosome.
3. He's Been Engaged: Maksim and his then-DWTS costar Karina Smirnoff were briefly engaged in 2009, but sources told People the lovebirds didn't see eye-to-eye when it came to having children. "Maks was ready to start a family and have children with Karina, and he came to realize that wasn't really what she wanted," said the source. "He's just heartbroken things didn't work out. He'll always respect Karina."
4. He Does Look Like a Soap Star: He actually put those tall, dark and devastatingly handsome good looks to use on General Hospital last month. He played a handyman who helped fix some things up at the Nurses' Ball. And yes, he worked a little dancing into the sexy scene!
5. He's a Dog Lover: Everyone knows puppy people are the best people, and Maks is the proud papa of an adorable English Bulldog named Sir Sleeps-a-Lot. He's often spotted with the handsome little guy, and like a certain Sports Illustrated beauty, is clearly enamored with all things canine.
Yes, as you've surmised, Maks is a catch-and-a-half. Now, can we have this dance?