The 28-year-old beauty was reportedly the front-runner for the biopic on the former first lady, which chronicles her time as a young lawyer in 1974 during the height of the Watergate scandal, but has bowed out, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Per the report, the Great Gatsby star wasn't ready to commit to the role, which means there's still a very powerful pantsuit to fill.
So here are five other actresses who could step into Hillary's political pumps:
1. Emma Stone: If you watched the star's performance in The Help, then you know why Stone is a perfect pick for Clinton. The actress is sharp, level-headed, poised and intuitive, all characteristics the former secretary of state embodies. At 24 years old, she's also the prime age for the flick (Hillary is 26 in the film), and we know she could pull off the challenging role. Oh, and she also looks gorgeous in geek-chic glasses.
2. Jennifer Lawrence: Must we even explain this one? The Silver Linings Playbook star nabbed her first Oscar this year at the age of 22, proving she's got some serious acting chops and promising career to boot. Her cheeky persona makes her one of the most beloved actresses in the biz, and we think her bold personality is a perfect match for the headstrong young Hillary. In addition, after demonstrating maturity on the big screen well beyond her years, we predict the four-year age difference between the actress and her character will go entirely unnoticed. J.Law 2014!
3. Emma Watson: Before you dismiss the former Harry Potter star, let us remind you that Emma is a pro at playing smart and strong-willed (hello, Hermione Granger!). The 23-year-old beauty has also proven she can ditch her English accent, and she loves transforming herself for a role (like playing a bad girl in The Bling Ring). Watson is also around the right age, and she's mature enough to pull off the character. Can't you just imagine the sassy star in the court room?
4. Jessica Chastain: The Oscar-nominated actress recently shot down reports claiming she's in the running for the upcoming flick, but that doesn't mean we can't still get our hopes up. Chastain's acting chops are more than up to par, and her performance in Zero Dark Thirty proves she's an expert at playing strong female characters. She's also a fan of the politician, telling E! News,"She [Hillary] was foxy in the '70s. Have you seen the pictures where she showed her little midriff? I saw a picture of her in shorts. I love Hillary!" The only drawback? The red-headed beauty is 36—ten years older than Hillary in the flick.
5. Elisabeth Moss: We're mad over the idea of Moss as Clinton, because the Mad Men star is so talented at playing intelligent female characters. Although her role on the hit AMC show is set before Watergate, the 30-year-old actress knows how to play a strong woman who can make a place for herself in a male-dominated workplace. She can also pull off the age difference as well as Hillary's 1970's style. Plus, she's already a pro at political projects, having played the president's youngest daughter on The West Wing.
Who do you think should play Hillary? Tell us in the comments!