Wedding season is officially here! Whether you're in the middle of planning your own ceremony and reception, sorting out all those invites to friends' nuptials or serving as a bridesmaids in your BFF's big day (bless you!), you've come to the right place because it's all about weddings all month long here on The Trend. We've enlisted wedding planner Mindy Weiss to share some of her best tips, so be on the look out for her sage advice throughout June. Today, Mindy's talking outdoor celebrations. Read on for her expert recommendations:
1. Rain Check: Even if you are expecting warm, wonderful weather, always have a rain plan! If you plan for your reception to go on into the night, you may also need heaters.
2. Raise a Glass: Always greet your guests with the offering of a drink, preferably something crisp and cool! My current favorite is Birthday Cake Wines, they have great flavors! Be sure to have fun non-alcoholic drinks, too.
3. Made in the Shade: It's wonderful to provide a parasol, shade or even a fan when having an outdoor summer wedding. At the end of the day you want your guests to remember how amazing the wedding was, and not how hot the day was.
4. Late Bloomers: Have your floral designer place your flowers out as late as possible, so that the sun does not drain them of their natural beauty.
5. Music to Our Ears: Your cocktail hour and dinner music choice should not be over-powering. Soft enough so your guests can hear their conversation.
6. Musical Chairs: During your cocktail hour, be sure to have plenty of seating. This is a great time to bring in vignettes of couches, wingback chairs and plush ottomans.
7. Scented Soiree: Don't forget to place flowers or a fragrant candle in the bathrooms as well as hand towels. Details will be noticed.
8. Crowd Pleasers: Design a menu that will be pleasing to all invited. Include options for vegetarians, vegans and gluten-free eaters.