A-list stylist Brad Goreski has taken over The Trend! May's Guest Editor has waxed poetic on punk trends, talked men's fashion and dished on the five items you need for summer. And for his final article, the star of It's a Brad Brad World is all about beauty. Brad is spilling on the beauty trends he's loving for summer. Read on for his picks!
Summer is here!
We all get excited about putting on our cute summer outfits and heading to the beach, pool or BBQ with friends, but what do you do with hair that doesn't like the humidity?
Here are some beauty tips that will help you stay looking your best in (and out of) the summer sun:
1. Best in Braids: Braids are big trend, made most famously by Valentino whose models rocked a crown braid with their super elegant gowns. Try a more relaxed version like Lauren Conrad with a side braid. It's easy, effortless and a great way to keep frizzy hair under control.
Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images
2. Go Natural: Stars like Carey Mulligan have been rocking the natural makeup trend on the red carpet and summer is the time to try this out! Just swipe a little mascara and some lip balm and let your natural beauty (or tan) shine through.
Jason Merritt/Getty Images
3. Orange You Glad: Trade in your red lip for orange or coral! Jessica Alba wore an orange lip that matched her gown to the Golden Globes this year and it was a hit. This is a great way to easily incorporate a pop of color in to your summer wardrobe.
Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images
4. Pretty Ponytail: A slick ponytail is a great way to add a modern, minimal look to your outfit. The simple look, as seen on Gwyneth Paltrow at the Met Gala, tames your hair, when it's feeling unruly, it's also perfect to try when you have just gotten out of the water. Sleek, chic, sexy!
5. White Out: Finally, try a pale nail for summer, but don't limit yourself to a natural look. Try cream or white, as seen on Rachel McAdams. It makes a statement, looks fresh and goes with absolutely everything!
It has been so much fun being the Guest Editor this month! I hope you picked up some useful tips.
Remember to Keep It Cute (K.I.C) this summer!!!