Our May Guest Editor is back to share more fashion tips! Brad Goreski is taking over The Trend all month long—first, he talked punk trends inspired by the Met Gala, and last week he dished on the perfect summer pieces for women. But today, the stylist and star of It's a Brad Brad World has some sartorial advice for the guys! Read on for Brad's top picks for men fashion this summer.
Don't get me wrong, I love enjoying a hot summer day in a pair of shorts, my favorite T-shirt and a pair of comfortable shoes (I am not a huge fan of flip flops), but dressing for the summer does not mean you have to be boring, especially for guys. There are so many great, fun trends this season, why not break out of your comfort zone and try a few?! Here are some of my favorite trends for this summer and the ways you can incorporate them into your wardrobe
1. Colorful Suit: Believe it or not, colorful suits are a staple in my wardrobe. I have had my red suit for about four years and have worn it on numerous occasions. If you have any events, weddings or just want to stand out in the crowd this summer, this is a great investment. I like to wear the jacket with jeans and a white shirt or the pants with a T-shirt. Spend a few extra dollars making sure the suit is tailored properly.
2. High Tops: I love my high tops! I have about 15 pairs. Try a pair in a bright color or metallic to take your outfit to the next level. Wear with jeans, a T-shirt and a bomber jacket and you have a casual but cute outfit. I also like to wear them with shorts. Let your shoes do the work on days when you just don't feel like putting an outfit together.
3. Back Pack: This is where fashion meets function. Back packs were a big trend during the men's shows at Louis Vuitton and Givenchy to name a few. Wearing this trend does not have to break the bank though. These Herschel knapsacks are durable and come in an assortment of fun colors. For this price, you could get a black one and a colorful one for when you need to add a pop of color to your look!
4. Fun Sweatshirt: Being comfortable does not mean that you have to sacrifice looking cute. Printed sweatshirts are a big trend this summer and a great way to stay warm and comfortable, but look chic at the same time. These can be worn with jeans or put a button up underneath the sweatshirt with a colorful pair of chinos and you have a great evening look. I love to travel in these!
5. Indigo: Indigo is the color of the season. It is everywhere! Trade in your regular khakis for a pair of chinos in this bright blue! They look great on everybody and go with everything. Try pairing them with a navy blue blazer and white oxford or for a more casual look, a stripe tee and boat shoes for a nautical look.
6. Prints: Prints are everywhere this season! Pants, shirts, suits, shoes, jackets—you name it, it is printed. If you like this trend, but are afraid to rock it, ease yourself into it with a baseball hat. I love this Hawaiian-print hat by OBEY. It's fresh and summery!