After the embarrassing reception the teen heartthrob received at Sunday night's Billboard Music Awards, one might think he's the only one to suffer the indignity of getting booed.
But Bieber will probably be happy to learn he's not alone. E! News takes a look back at seven stars who've suffered the same fate at one time or another, including some you might never have guessed (hello, Beyoncé?!):
1. Anne Hathaway: The Oscar winner ended up earning some very public disapproval when she showed up late to the 2013 BAFTA Awards and ignored fans who waited outside in the freezing cold and sleet to see Hathaway. Instead she hurried down the red carpet and into the venue, and while she won Best Actress for her performance in Les Misérables, those miserable Anne devotees braving the bad weather were less than thrilled to be blown off—though to be fair, the actress did have the flu, as she recounted to Jay Leno later on.
2. Madonna: The Material Girl added a last-minute club show in Paris to her tour itinerary last summer to make peace with any French fans alienated by the controversial swastika she superimposed over an image of France's far-right leader during a previous concert. Though she meant well, the fact that Madonna played only 45 minutes after charging folks up to $340 a ticket garnered her the displeasure of many in attendance, some of whom cried "refund" and "salope," the French word for "slut."
3. Katy Perry: The "Firework" singer caused some fireworks all right. During the 2012 edition of American Idol, Perry fans were led to believe their pop idol would be giving a surprise live performance only to find out after much hype that, in fact, she would be appearing only in a pre-taped performance. As you might guess, that didn't sit well with the audience, who burst into massive booing.
4. Jay-Z and Beyoncé: Who would've thought Hova and Bey would be the kind of folks to hear the roar of reprobation? But that they did when the power couple arrived at the 2011 Met Gala and skipped media interviews on the red carpet, prompting some massive booing from upset members of the press. We're pretty sure Jay-Z and Beyoncé have gotten over it.
5. Nicole Scherzinger: The former X Factor judge took some heat after failing to send anyone home during the 2011 competition, resulting in massive boos when aspiring popster Rachel Crow got the boot from the semifinals thanks to fans' voting.
6. Charlie Sheen: The Warlock wasn't "Winning." Ill prepared at the 2011 kickoff of his notorious "My Violent Torpedo of Truth/Defeat Is Not An Option" tour in Detroit, Sheen delivered a rambling faux-presidential address and screened a collection of fan-generated videos that bombed big-time with those who actually bought tickets. Despite the trainwreck of a one-man show, Sheen managed to rebound and improve his act as the trek continued.
7. Sarah Palin: The erstwhile Republican vice presidential candidate and former half-term Alaska governor turned up at Dancing With the Stars to cheer on daughter Bristol Palin's performance only to face boos from the audience. Though, according to DWTS' executive producer, Conrad Green, the catcalls were purportedly the result of some judges' scores, not because of Sarah's presence. Too bad he couldn't explain why the booing occurred right when the camera cut to Palin.