Brad Goreski is back! Last week, the A-list stylist dished on making punk trends spotted at the Met Gala work in real-life—yep, it is possible to rock leather and studs in your everyday looks. Today, the star of It's a Brad Brad World—and The Trend's Guest Editor for May—is heating things up! He's talking summer's hottest trends and how to make them your own. Read on for his warm-weather picks.
Summer is definitely just around the corner. The temperature is rising, the sun is shining, birds are singing and the beach is calling your name. It's time to put away your bulky jackets and warm sweaters and treat yourself to some key items that will help update your wardrobe for summer but not break your bank account. Here are a few of my summer essentials that will help you start thinking about your summer look!
1. Printed Jeans: Printed denim is a big trend this summer and a great way to stay comfortable but look cute at the same time. Try a pair in a vibrant color and match it with your favorite T-shirt and a pair of wedges to give you some extra height and elongate your legs. For an evening look, throw on a fitted denim jacket, grab a fun clutch and you are ready to go!
2. Fun Scarf: If printed denim isn't your thing, but you want to try out this trend, buy a fun, colorful scarf and take your basics to the next level. This is the easiest way to add a pop of color to your wardrobe. The other great thing about scarves is that they are versatile! Try wearing one with a denim-on-denim look, or at night with a leather jacket and a pair of cut-offs!!
3. Jean Shirt: I don't go anywhere without my denim shirt. They go with absolutely everything! Try pairing it with some white denim cut-offs or for the evening with a playful maxi skirt. It even makes a great bathing suit cover up. Put your scarf with it, a hat, fun sunglasses and you will make heads turn at the beach!
4. Loafer Flat: I am all for flip flops at the beach, but when you are out and about, keep it cute with these black-and-white loafers. They look great with shorts or for an evening look, pair them with a LBD and a red lip and you can dance the night away!
5. Perfect Summer Day Bag: Let your bag make a statement! This bag is perfect to take to brunch or fill with your beach essentials.