Playboy's got a new star.
The newly crowned Playboy Playmate of the Year, Raquel Pomplun, has already proven that she's a dedicated and hardworking woman who can pull off an ultra-sexy spread regardless of shooting with a 103-degree fever, but what else do we know about the 25-year-old Chula Vista, Calif., native?
Here are five tidbits about Pomplun so we can all get better acquainted with Hugh Hefner's newest Playmate of the Year...
1. She's Made History: As we previously reported, Pomplun is the first Hispanic Playmate of the Year. Both of her parents are Mexican and the beauty is fluent in both Spanish and English. "I can't begin to describe how excited I am to receive this honor and be given the opportunity to represent Playboy as its first Mexican-American Playmate of the Year," she said in a statement.
2. Raquel's Got Beauty and Brains: The young brunette is great to look at, but that's not all she has to offer—Pomplun majored in biochemistry at Southwestern College. She's also classically trained in ballet and became a member of the Playmate Dancers dance group.
3. Pomplun's Off the Market: Sorry fellas, but this lady is taken. E! News learns that Raquel is married (which we're also told is not the norm for those honored with the title of Playmate of the Year). And her hubby, Alejandro, totally supports what she does. He's the one who actually encouraged her to pose for the mag, helping her submit photos to Playboy for consideration.
4. She's Got Other Gigs: In addition to making love to the camera, Raquel spends her time hosting Blackbelt TV's Rockin' Rounds (where she's known as "Rockin' Raquel"), and is also the cohost of Playboy Radio's "Playmates Present."
5. You Might Have Seen Her Before: Pomplun was on the cover of Playboy's April 2012 Sex & Music issue alongside Grammy-award winning musician Bruno Mars, where she was featured inside the mag as Playmate of the Month.