Yet despite all the rumors and the pressure that comes from life in the spotlight, Miley and Liam keep continuing along on their road to the altar.
So, in honor of the future Mr. and Mrs. Hemsworth, here are the top 5 reasons why Miley and Liam are meant to be together…forever!
1. They're Real, Y'all: Listen, Miley and Liam have never claimed to be perfect. They briefly broke up back in August 2010, got back together a few months later, took another little break, then got back together by March 2011. And yes, a source told E! News earlier this year things "have been rocky" for the couple but reiterated that they "both want it to work" and "are not giving up" on their relationship. Love takes work, and time and time again, Miley and Liam have been willing to put in the effort!
2. It Was Love at First Sight: Ah, yes, back in 2009, Miley and Liam met while filming The Last Song in the great state of Georgia. Adam Shankman, a producer on the film, joked to People he kinda wanted "a finder's fee" for bringing the twosome together. "I remember that first day of shooting," he recalled. "When they first kissed and Miley walked by my sister [Jennifer Gibgot] after they shot the kissing scene, [and] goes, 'This is gonna work'."
3. They Will Have Adorable, Awesome-Sounding Children: Obviously, M and L have some good genes going on, so a Cyrus-Hemsworth baby is almost guaranteed to be good looking. Plus, with Miley's Southern accent and Liam's Aussie one, how freaking precious will their kids sound?!
4. Their Families Love Each Other: The Hemsworth and the Cyrus clan might come from different continents, but their hearts are all in the same place. Miley's parents, Billy Ray and Tish Cyrus, tweeted their immediate congratulations to their little girl last June when she first got engaged. Papa Cyrus did tell Nightline he wasn't totally sure the twosome would make it down the aisle, but he pointed out, "The great news is they're great friends. They're really really good friends." As for the Hemsworth fam? Well, despite unsubstantiated rumors they tried to stage an intervention to stop a wedding from happening, Liam's brother Chris Hemsworth and his wife, Elsa Pataky, recently told E! News they are "very happy" for Miley and Liam.
5. They Already Have Matching Tattoos: Inking oneself is not a decision to be taken lightly. In July, Miley girl tattooed a quote on her left forearm from Theodore Roosevelt's famous Citizen in a Republic speech. That October, Liam copied his fiancée, getting another quote from the former president's 1910 oration inked on his left arm. Sure, this body art works alone, but these tats will always be way better together.