Close
BRAND NEW ON E!
TV Scoop - Category Header 920x60

News/ 

Buckwild Star Shain Gandee's Cause of Death: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Shain Gandee, Buck Wild, Buckwild Sussman/Invision/AP Images

The question of what took Shain Gandee's life has been answered. 

Kanawha County Sheriff's Office confirms that partial findings from the autopsies of the Buckwild star—along with David Gandee and Donald Myers, the two other men found in the vehicle—reveal that the death was accidental and the cause was carbon monoxide poisoning.

The three bodies were found in a Ford Bronco that was submerged in deep mud Monday morning in Sissonville, W. Va., after a friend went searching for the missing Shain along the trails. 

Shain Gandee's friends and family speak out

"We are shocked and saddened by the terrible news about Shain Gandee, and those involved in this tragic incident," MTV said in a statement. "We are waiting for more information but at this time, our main concern is for the Gandee family and their friends. Our thoughts and prayers are with them. Shain had a magnetic personality, with a passion for life that touched everyone he met and we will miss him dearly."

Since the tragic news, the network has decided to halt production of Buckwild's second season. 

Gandee's cousin Amanda Gandee Lewis spoke to E! News about his shocking death and said, "I want people to remember him as fun, funny, that he was a good hometown, family country boy who enjoyed his life and his family who has a great heart, and he loved every person that he came in contact with."

Buckwild's Shain Gandee: 10 Best Quotes

RELATED VIDEOS:

FROM AROUND THE WEB
MORE ON EONLINE

Paul Wesley's Most Humiliating Birthday Ever