Getty Images; Sipa Press
Getty Images; Sipa Press
Looks like The Bachelor isn't the only reality series that can't seem to keep the love going.
The Real Housewives of Atlanta star Porsha Williams and her NFL star husband Kordell Stewart announced today that they were divorcing, placing them in the long line of Real Housewives stars who haven't been able to keep their marriages together.
A possible curse? Maybe. Here are five of the nastiest Housewives splits:
Chris Weeks/Getty Images
1. Camille and Kelsey Grammer, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: We watched their marriage fall apart in season one after 16 years and two kids together, a situation that was made worse when it was discovered that the Boss star had a mistress on the side. The mistress, Kayte Walsh, is now his wife, and since season one it's been a long line of bad parenting accusations, messy financial settlements and Kelsey supposedly banning their kids from saying Camille's name in his home.
Bravo Photo: Brett Ascarelli
2. Tamra and Simon Barney, Real Housewives of Orange County: The couple, who were married for 11 years and had three children together, announced their split in 2010. According to the papers filed by Simon, Tamra was "verbally abusive and has committed acts of disloyalty and infidelity." Tamra fired back on her Facebook page, insiting that "all accusations are false."
ANDREAS BRANCH/patrickmcmullan.com/Sipa Press
3. Taylor and Russell Armstrong, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: Just one month before his tragic suicide, Russell and Taylor announced they were splitting. On and off the show, Taylor said that her husband had physically and emotionally abused her, allegations that were covered extensively in her memoir Hiding From Reality.
Bravo Photo: Giovanni Rufino
4. Countess LuAnn and Count Alexandre de Lesseps, Real Housewives of New York City: The couple, who have two children together, divorced in 2009 after 16 years of marriage. The French nobleman cheated on LuAnn, his fourth wife, with an Ethiopian woman in Geneva and told her about it in a note right after they celebrated their anniversary.
5. Adrienne Maloof and Paul Nassif, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: Paul filed for divorce from Adrienne last August and the proceedings have been anything but smooth sailing. Since they announced their separation, there has been a brutal custody battle, abuse allegations and lengthy courtroom sessions. A settlement was reached in November of 2012.