Close
BRAND NEW ON E!
  • EXCLUSIVE!

    News/ 

    Ashley Greene "Heartbroken" About Losing Her Dog in Fire; Authorities Rule Blaze an Accident

    Ashley Greene, Apartment Fire PacificCoastNews.com; Nathanael Jones/ Sam Sharma; PacificCoastNews.com

    Ashley Greene is in mourning.

    A source tells E! News exclusively that the Twilight star is "heartbroken" over the tragic loss of her dog in a fire that broke out in her L.A. apartment on Friday.

    "She is absolutely heartbroken. This is a terrible, terrible time and it's been a very hard situation to swallow," said the insider. "Her family came into town this weekend to look after her. The worst thing about all of this is losing her dog. She misses her so much and wants her back. "

    Firefighters who responded to the call of a two-alarm blaze, which erupted in her condo on the third-floor of West Hollywood's Granville Towers, were able to rescue only one of Greene's beloved fox terriers—a boy named Theo. Sadly, his sister, Marlo, did not survive.

    Ashley Greene's L.A. apartment goes up in flames

    The Los Angeles Fire Department also said that three people were treated for smoke exhalation at the scene.

    "[Ashley's] trying to be strong but it's very hard and she is fragile right now. It's a tragic situation," added the source.

    The 26-year-old thesp was very attached to the pooch and often tweeted pics of her, most recently on March 11 when she wrote, "I'm not sure if Marlo loves or hates her new bling."

    The L.A. Sheriff's Department meanwhile confirmed to E! News that the investigation into the fire is now closed after investigators, LAFD officials and the insurance company all agreed that it was an accident.

    —Additional Reporting by Holly Passalaqua

    Ashley's not the only celeb who loves her pet

    RELATED VIDEOS:

    FROM AROUND THE WEB
    MORE ON EONLINE