She was born to be his baby, and Jon Bon Jovi is super glad she's OK.
Appearing on Friday's edition of Katie, the rocker opened up about that horrible night last November when he learned his 19-year-old daughter, Stephanie Bongiovi, had overdosed on heroin in her dorm room at Hamilton College in Clinton, N.Y.
"Worst phone call ever," Bon Jovi told Katie Couric.
Larry Busacca/Getty Images
While quick to note that Steph's doing a lot better since her hospitalization, the "I'll Be There for You" singer confessed that learning she was hooked on drugs at all was a major wake-up call and that as a father, he's still struggling with how to handle the situation.
"She's doing great and I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers, [but] in short, that problem is much more prevalent...than I knew and I cannot get over how many people I've met that have said, 'My son, my daughter," admitted Bon Jovi. "There is a lot of pressure on kids these days. There's access to things my generation didn't have."
The 51-year-old New Jersey native added: "I'm just blessed she's healthy and whole, and we'll get through it."
The younger Bongiovi and her 21-year-old companion, Ian Grant, were initially arrested and charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance.
Thankfully for the Bon Jovis, those charges were later dropped due to a New York state law that prohibits prosecution of people who experience a drug overdose, as well as the people who help them seek medical care.
You can watch Jon Bon's interview here (his comments about Stephanie start at 05:00):