And they're still young, and a zillion other people would probably kill to be with either of them. Plus, they were basically thrown together five years ago by being cast in Twilight and easily could have got caught up in the whole we-play-soulmates-in-the-movies-so-why-not-in-real-life-too hype.
But, with sources having told us that "all is good" between them, we're here to bang the drum for distance making the heart grow fonder. Here are five clues that Robsten are still going strong:
1. Kristen's Choice of Company: Knowing full well that hanging out with the wrong guy can get a girl splashed all over the tabloids, the On the Road star is keeping company with some very usual suspects while her boyfriend's away shooting The Rover in Australia. Sightings of note include dinner with Pattinson's musician pals and sporty outings with Taylor Lautner. And he's like a little-brother type, right? (No offense, Team Jacob.)
2. She's Still Borrowing His Clothes: Stepping gingerly on her injured foot, Kristen was spotted just a few weeks ago wearing Rob's old Irie T-shirt, which has been in her possession since last summer at least. Now, why would anyone wear their famous ex-boyfriend's clothes out in public? Unless the guy had an affinity for couture gowns or something.
3. Rob Is Being Adorably Boring: We imagine he's happy to just be ensconced on set, devoting himself to his craft while shooting what promises to be—judging by his fake teeth, anyway—a gritty crime drama. Hence, Rob has been making absolutely zero news (that isn't movie- or bicycle-riding-related) in Adelaide. He hasn't even nailed a piece of wood to a table, let alone gone crazy partying. Sounds like a guy who's not looking for more than what he's already got.
4. They Talk and Text All the Time: E! News has been told by sources close to the couple that, even though she didn't make the trek to Australia to visit, Kristen is "counting the minutes" till Rob comes home. (And she's not the only one...)
5. They're Friggin' Soul Mates, Duh: Edward and Bella should just be together, that's all. Why let reality spoil the fantasy? Twi-hards are counting on Robsten to pull through.