The former Miss Delaware Teen Miss USA Melissa King sure has a lot of sparkle. We hope the newly surfaced alleged sex tape doesn't dull that.
A spokeswoman for the Miss Universe organization confirmed to E! News that King officially resigned from her title on Tuesday via a lawyer. Tuesday morning, her attorney's office told E! News a statement from King was forthcoming.
But just who is the 18-year-old beauty queen now shrouded in scandal? Here are five things you need to know about Melissa King.
1. She's Intelligent: According to King's official bio, she was "inaugurated into the National Society of High School Scholars due to her exceptionally high SAT scores, GPA, and AP scores." She also earned the Todd O'Cropper scholarship during her senior year of high school for "commendable combined outstanding achievement in athletics, community services, and academics to help fund her college education." She is currently a freshman at the College of Philadelphia studying communications.
2. She's Athletic: King has "been a successful competitive gymnast since the age of 9 and has competed regionally, nationally and internationally." She was also a cheerleader for her high school football, basketball and wrestling teams and participated in national cheerleading competitions. She played varsity soccer all four years of high school and has worked as a gymnastics coach since her freshman year in high school.
3. She Likes to Give Back: She began volunteering in her eighth grade year and "fell in love with the joy of helping others!" Since then, she's volunteered with the American Heart Association and with foster children. Her pageant platform was "Finding the Balance," which seeks to help others achieve overall health and well-being.
4. She's Artistic: In King's younger years, she won multiple art contests and was awarded scholarships for her abilities. Her favorite art forms are acrylic painting and clay work.
5. She's Got Big Dreams: "One day, she hopes to work for a prestigious fashion magazine in New York City or maybe on the sidelines of an NFL game as a sports journalist," her bio reads. "She likes the sound of both!"
Keep your chin up, King. An (alleged) sex tape is not the end of the world.