Trump panned the funnyman right out of the gate, objecting to MacFarlane getting an assist from Star Trek's William Shatner for an early sketch.
"I don't like the opening even a little bit!" The Apprentice star wrote, later adding, "Last night William Shatner had more airtime than any winner. It should have been called the William Shatner show."
And if you ask Trump, things only went downhill from there, though he did manage to send some praise the way of Best Supporting Actress winner Anne Hathaway. Here's a roundup of some of his more memorable tweets:
• "Django Unchained is the most racist movie I have ever seen, it sucked"
• "Very tacky set!"
• "Shirley B. did a very good job singing Goldfinger! Not easy"
• "Lincoln never sounded like that!"
• "Anne Hathaway is a good winner!"
• "The Oscar broadcast is really boring – where is the glamour and beauty?"
• "Jane Fonda and Michael Douglas look great!"
• "I've had enough of this – good night!"
• "Overall, the Academy Awards were very average at best"