Courtesy of Christopher Polk
Courtesy of Christopher Polk
Here's to the biggest night in music!
We can't wait to see all of the amazing performances, random collaborations, wild fashion choices, impromptu speeches and and everything else that happens during tonight's 2013 Grammy Awards.
But before you break out a drink and get cozy to watch the big show, here are a few things you gotta to know about this year's Grammys.
1. Justin Timberlake Is Bringing Sexy Back: We cannot contain our excitement! If there's one reason to watch the Grammys at all this is it—seriously. JT is suiting up and hitting the Grammy's stage for the first time in four years! Did we already mention we're beyond enthralled to see the "Suit & Tie" crooner perform!?
2. Best. Collaboration. Ever: Bruno Mars, Sting and Rihanna are going to take the stage together. This is one performance we do not want to miss! Wonder what song the trio has chosen!? Hmmm.
3. Taylor Swift Is the Opening Peformance: What better way to start off the Grammys then with country cutie T.Swift. She will kick off the night with one of her hit tunes. Although, she has been hinting that she might just maybe perform "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together," which is up for Record of the Year. Guess we have to wait and see!
4. Beyoncé Will Be Presenting Not Singing: Are you ready for this jelly? Sasha Fierce will hit the stage as a presenter this time around. She deserves it after her blow-out Super Bowl performance. Can Kelly and Michelle present with her too? Destiny's Child reunion part 2!? We can only hope.
5. Frank Ocean and Chris Brown Are Going Up for the Same Album Award: Yikes! The singers are both nominees for the Best Urban Contemporary Album (as well as singer Miguel). But even though both stars have dropped their recent brawl over a parking space let's just keep them separated when the winner is announced.
6. Remember Justin Bieber Did Not Get Nominated: We didn't forget and we're still a little heartbroken! Apparently the Recording Academy just wasn't as obsessed with Believe as we were. Even Bieber's #1 fan, mama Mallette said they blew it! But something tells us the Bieber family will be just fine because the Boyfriend star recently scored his FIFTH #1 album. Not too shabby.
7. One Nomination? Try, Six: fun, Frank Ocean, Mumford & Sons, Dan Auerbach of the Black Keys, Jay-Z and Kanye West—all have six nominations each for the most of any artist. No big deal. Guess it's safe to say that they will go home happy with at least one award.
8. LL Cool J Is Hosting Again: Here's to the second time around! The hip-hop star did such an amazing job at last year's Grammys especially, with the opening prayer for Whitney Houston he deserves an encore.
9. Don't Expect to See Kanye West—or Totally Do: The Watch the Throne singer is not too happy with this year's (large number of) nominations. He didn't land in either the Album or Record of the Year categories, and at a recent concert the daddy-to-be told fans, "So don't expect to see me at the Grammys this year, you know what I mean?!!" OK! Here's hoping he still shows up...
10. Extra Strict Dress Code: We can't wait for one of the best and most risqué fashion nights for award shows! Although this year the people running the Grammys sent a memo cracking down on the celebs outfit choices—with a few simple requests like no butt cracks or nip slips, we're sure there will be a few risk-takers. It is the Grammys after all.
Don't forget to tune in Sunday to E! to see our Live From the Red Carpet coverage kicking off at 6 pm. ET / PT where Ryan Seacrestand Giuliana Rancic will be chatting with your favorite stars on the rockin' red carpet.
At the same time, keep your computer (or tablet, or phone) tuned to E! Online for our exclusive second-screen livestream, hosted by Terrence Jenkins and Liz Hernandez.
The 55th Annual Grammy Awards air tonight at 8 p.m. on CBS.