Now that Billie Joe Armstrong has apparently come around, Green Day is finally ready to rage again.
"We want to thank everyone for hanging in with us for the last few months," said Green Day in a statement. "We are very excited to hit the road and see all of you again, though we regret having to cancel more shows."
"I just wanted to thank you all for all the love support you've showed for the past few months," he wrote. "Believe me, it hasn't gone unnoticed and I'm eternally grateful to have such an amazing set of friends and family. I'm getting better everyday."
"So now, without further ado, the show must go on..We can't wait to get on the road and live out loud! Our passion has only grown stronger. Happy new year. We love you all. Rage and love," he concluded.
Green Day's rescheduled jaunt in support of their trio of new albums, ¡Uno!, ¡Dos! and ¡Tre! will now kick off on March 28 in Chicago's Allstate Arena with stops in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Brooklyn's new Barclay's Arena before wrapping up in Quebec City on April 12.
Folks holding tickets for shows that were canceled can obtain a refund at the original point of purchase. Below is the new tour itinerary with additional West Coast dates are expected be announced in early 2013:
• March 28 — Chicago, Allstate Arena
• March 29 — Muline, Ill., Wireless Center
• March 31 — Pittsburgh, Consol Energy Center
• April 1 — Rochester, N.Y., Blue Cross Arena
• April 3 — Philadelphia, Liacourias Center
• April 4 — Fairfax, Va., Patriot Center
• April 6 — Uncasville, Conn., Mohegan Sun Arena
• April 7— Brooklyn, N.Y., Barclays Arena
• April 9 — Providence, R.I., Dunkin Donuts Center
• April 11 —Toronto, Air Canada Centre
• April 12 — Quebec City, Quebec Colisee