Halle Berry did not get the result she was hoping for in court.
A judge ruled Friday that the Cloud Atlas star, who has gone through a bitter custody battle with ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry, will not be able to move with their daughter, Nahla, to France, a source told E! News.
The 46-year-old Oscar winner filed a request in family court back in February to move to the European country with her 4-year-old child, saying she feared for her life.
So, what was the deal?
Two men—one who was convicted of stalking Berry, and another who allegedly threatened to slit her throat—are no longer locked up.
Richard Franco, who was convicted of stalking Berry in January, was released earlier this year, and the other man, Robert Hoskins, escaped from a mental institution in February.
"This person has invaded and trampled upon the most fundamental sense of security I have, and I am extremely frightened of him and what he might do to me and those I love," Berry stated in her criminal complaint against Franco.
Around the time Berry filed the request, family-law expert Lisa Helfend Meyer told E! News the court would look at the request in terms of whether the move would be in Nahla's best interests.
"If the court finds it is a detriment to the child—meaning that it would interfere with the relationship with the father, that it would harm the child in terms of the child's ties to where the child is living—then the judge wouldn't grant [permission]," Meyer said.