After four years of the Twilight franchise, we're starting to feel sort of blah about Bella and Edward.
Perhaps that's a bit of an exaggeration, but after being bombarded with Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson press on their seemingly never-ending Breaking Dawn Part 2 promotional tour, we think it's time to give some other Twilight characters a little bit of love.
Because after all, it's not just
Rob and Kristen Bella and Edward's romance that has made the mega-franchise such a success, there are a few key players who always seem to be forgotten in the obsession with Edward's sparkly skin.
There's only eight more days until the final flick's premiere, so let's give these unsung heroes some vamptastic recognition!
We're sure Rob and Kris won't mind a break from the Breaking Dawn spotlight.
Kimberley French/Summit Entertainment
1. BooBoo Stewart: If you've ever (and we mean ever) been to a Twilight press event, there's a seriously good chance you saw our boy BooBoo. The 18-year-old star plays Seth Clearwater in the Twilight saga (he's appeared in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn Part 1, thus far) and the Beverly Hills-born boy is a leading force in the supernatural shape-shifters. Although he has a small part in the franchise flicks, B.Stew is both funny and sexy in his signature Twilight role. Trust us: BooBoo's the man behind the wolf pack press and no promotional event would ever be the same without his smile.
Andrew Cooper; SMPSP/Summit Entertainment
2. Red Vampire Contacts: Forget that Kristen Stewart has said that the colorful contacts "kill you" and "give you dead face"! We're obsessed with K.Stew's beady red eyes in every Breaking Dawn Part 2 promo and think the contacts are a killer element to the movie. Edward's piercing stare simply wouldn't be the same without that gold glimmer in his eyes and we can't even imagine the Volturi without their bloodsucking and brooding gaze. Props to all the vampy actors who've grinned and bared the character eyewear—consider this your confirmation of our sincere appreciation.
3. Billy Burke: One of the most underrated characters in the series, Burke (we're loving him on Revolution, btw) has given a solid performance as Bella's father in every Twilight flick. He's perfectly played the role of the loving and protective pops, and we'll admit that we've even shed a heartfelt tear during a few of the father-daughter scenes. We can't wait to see how Charlie Swan handles the whole Bella-turned-vampire sitch, and we're sure Billy will bring it on the big screen. Our only beef with Mr. Burke? Bella's dad has always been one of Team Jacob's biggest fans.
4. Dakota Fanning: There are plenty of reasons why we think the 18-year-old star is totally awesome (like the fact that she's bound for post-Twi success), but we especially love watching Dakota as the evil vampire Jane, a high-ranking member of the Volturi. With that angelic exterior and sinister hidden agenda, Fanning brings the fear factor in every fangtastic flick. Oh, and did we mention she stuck up for K.Stew post-cheating scandal? Yeah, it only makes us love her even more.
5. Rachelle Lefevre: The fiery redhead—who played the vengeful vampire Victoria—was dumped from the franchise after appearing in both Twilight and New Moon due to a scheduling conflict. After being replaced by Bryce Dallas Howard, she told People magazine that she was "devastated." Don't worry Rachelle—no Twi-hard has forgotten your titillating performance (us included).
Kimberley French/Summit Entertainment
6. Taylor Lautner's Striptease: Spoiler alert! The hunky werewolf has quite the awkward striptease scene in Breaking Dawn Part 2 (we'll call it his Magic Mike moment) but we have to give a shout-out to Tay's bulging biceps and abs of steal. He packed out 20 pounds of muscle for his role in New Moon, and transformed from a young adorable boy to a seriously sexy star. "He came back like a Chippendale," Rob recalls of his costar's muscle makeover. Yeah, get ready to swoon as Taylor takes it off!
What do you think of Twilight's unsung heroes? Do you have a favorite character that didn't make the cut?
Tell us in the comments!