Welcome to The Trend, our new E! Online channel devoted to fashion, beauty and living! We're entirely obsessed with celebrity looks and lifestyle, and now that the climate has officially cooled down, it's safe to say the styles are hotter than ever. In fact, there's no shortage of chic, head-turning looks to embrace this season.
Whether you're a trend-loving trailblazer or more modest when it comes to taking fashion risks, we guarantee you there are countless items of interest to add to your closet. To jumpstart the fashion fun, we've unearthed a few incredible trends (40, to be exact!) worth falling for.
And for further style inspiration, we've rounded up a few of our favorite celebs to illustrate the looks we love right now! Let the countdown begin:
40. Leather: There's nothing sexier than a slick pair of leather leggings or a mod-inspired mini to usher in a crisp, new season. Leather is classically cool and gives off an air of unassuming confidence to anyone who wears it. Gwyneth Paltrow stunned in a chic Hugo Boss leather dress, while Jennifer Hudson geniusly pulled off an A-line mini at a recent Versace event and looked about as street chic as it gets.
39. Lace: How much do we love lace? Let us count the ways. The delicate fabric can simultaneously look demure and and seductive at the same time! Whether it's the main attraction, worn as an overlay accent or just barely peeking out beneath a sturdier fabrication, lace looks lovely for day or night.
38. Nude Lips: To balance a smoldering smoky eye this season, there's nothing like a nude lip. We've spotted countless celebs including Halle Berry, Lea Michele and Brooke Shields with skin-toned pouts with a hint of shimmer.
37. Emerald Green: Possibly the most striking color we've seen in quite some time, emerald green is popping up everywhere, and we couldn't be more pleased. The rich jewel tone is flattering on all skin tones and looks incredibly elegant on the red carpet. Scarlett Johansson looks divine in an Emilio Pucci number featuring a mesh panel with a sweetheart neckline and peplum silhouette.
36. Tuxedos: Turns out, Janelle Monae was on to something all this time, and the rest of Hollywood (Jessica Alba, for example) is finally following her lead! These chic black and white looks are far from masculine when paired with a sexy stiletto, a satin clutch and gorgeous bold lip color. Best of all, there's an endless amount of ways to interpret this trend. Whether you want a full pantsuit, or just elements of this iconic style, there's an elegant way to introduce a tux-inspired ensemble into your wardrobe.
Remember, we're counting down the 40 biggest trends right now, so be sure to check back tomorrow for even more fabulous looks we love!