There's something rotten in the state of Denmark, all right. Starting with the noncompliance of its tabloid editors with the wishes of Kate Middleton and Prince William.
Despite the royal couple not only putting up, but winning, a legal fight against the French magazine that opened the floodgates of their privacy violation and published a slew of topless photos taken of the duchess while on vacation, other European magazines have followed dubious suit, seemingly defying whatever agreement previously existed between paparazzi and the royals and publishing the same shots.
While Irish and Italian publications wasted no time in getting the photos in their pages, the scandalous shots are moving further onto the continent, as today a Danish magazine announced that it, too, would be running the pictures.
Denmark's Se og Hoer announced today it would run the photos in order to show the nation "what these photos are all about."
So no one in Denmark has an Internet connection?
The tabloid's editor, Kim Henningsen, said it would run "60 or 70" of the photos taken as part of a 16-page supplement set for release on Thursday. At the same time, the Swedish edition of the same magazine (both published by Aller Media) said it too would run the photos in an 11-page spread.
"This is nothing unusual, these are quite nice pictures if you compare with other celebrity pictures that we publish all the time," the Swedish mag's editor, Carina Loefkvist, said.
Neither have disclosed from whom, exactly, they purchased the photos, though Loefkvist said they were bought last Friday "before everything erupted" and "from photographers and photo agencies, the way we always do."
While Will and Kate were successfully in their injunction against the French tabloid Closer, they have yet to take legal action against any of the other offending publications; however, St. James's Palace said that "proportionate responses were under review."