Jersey Shore is officially ending. Depending on your feelings for the show, you either took this as a sign that the world isn't ending (take that, Mayans!) or you immediately crumpled into a ball on the floor out of grief. There is no middle ground on this type of news.
Us? We're sad to see the Jersey gang leave our TV lives. They provided so much entertainment, both intentionally and unintentionally. And since its final season starts soon (Oct. 4), we thought this was a good a time as any to look back at the most shocking moments over five seasons of gym, tan and laundry-ing.
We had a plethora of moments to choose from, but these eight will go down as the most jaw-dropping, tweet-worthy moments in Jersey Shore history:
1. Snooki Gets Punched in the Face: Let's just note that getting physical with another person is not the answer. While hanging at the bar, the crew were enjoying their time together and taking shots. All of a sudden, some random guys started drinking their alcohol. Say what?! Snooks wasn't down with that and made sure that he knew those shots weren't for them. He didn't like that and clocked her.
2. JWoww and Sammi Have It Out: Get ready to rumble (again). One of the things Jersey Shore was notorious for were a bunch of altercations between roommates, and let's just say it—we loved it. After Snooki, JWoww and Deena tried to tell Sam that Ron was cheating on her, Sammi decided to blow up on them, causing a brawl between her and Jenni.
3. Ron Destroys Sammi's Room: Speaking about Ron, after seeing Sam dance with other guys at the club, he went into a frenzy, trashing everything of hers that he could get his bulky arms on. These two have had their own share of numerous OMG moments, but this one definitely makes the top of the list.
4.Snooki Gets Arrested for Disorderly Conduct: Meatball problems to the max. Snooks was just trying to enjoy a day of drinking on the beach (which is technically not allowed) and ends up getting plastered. The cops weren't having it and our poor Snooki was taken away in handcuffs.
5. Snooki and Angelina Fight Over Vinny: Remember Angelina? The roomie who claimed to be the Kim Kardashian of Staten Island but didn't last long on the show. Well, before her disappearance, she got into it with Snooki over hooking up with, ahem, certain guys. It was mostly some hair-pulling and rolling around the floor, but still pretty funny.
6. Sammi Punches Ronnie: According to Sam, a boyfriend is not allowed to be friends with his roommate. OK, so that's not the whole story. Clearly Sammi had some issues with JWoww (see above), so she wanted to make sure her main squeeze was on her side, but when Ron wouldn't pick, she decided to give him a fist to the face.
7. Snooki and Deena Hook Up: Lez be honest—who saw this coming? These two meatballs are practically inseparable, so when they were lacking some male attention at the club, they decided to entertain each other. That's what good friends do, right?
8. JWoww Punches The Situation: As if you didn't know already, never mess with Jenni! While partying in Atlantic City, the cast goes back to their hotel room, but JWoww was unhappy with Mike for getting her kicked out of the club. No words were needed, just a stroll up to Sitch and a swift punch to the face. Of course, Mike's mouth got the best of him, so Jenni hit him again. Now, that's a situation!