It looks like we're in for another, well, amazing season of The Amazing Race.
CBS has just announced the 11 teams that will be competing in the show's upcoming 21st installment, and, as usual, we're being treated to a very diverse group of characters.
Among those traveling the world to take on such challenges as facing a 10-story rappel in Los Angeles, frying an egg on their heads in Indonesia and working as rat collectors in Bangladesh are reality stars the Fabulous Beekman Boys, a pair of Chippendales dancers, a double-amputee snowboarder and a former band member of White Lion and Megadeth.
This season, though, offers up a new twist. If the team that wins the first leg of the season can outrace the other 10 teams and win the final leg of the Race, they will walk away with a $2 million grand prize instead of the usual $1 million. Not too shabby.
Here are the 11 teams competing for the big money:
- Natalie Anderson, 26; Edgewater, N.J.; physical therapy student; Nadiya Anderson, 26; Edgewater, N.J.; project coordinator at Bridge2Peace (twin sisters)
- Josh Kilmer-Purcell, 42; Sharon Springs, N.Y.; goat farmer/advertising executive/author; Brent Ridge, 38; Sharon Springs, N.Y.; CEO of Beekman 1802 (life partners)
- Rob French, 46; Boston, Ga.; professional monster truck driver; Kelley Carrington-French, 50; Boston, Ga.; professional monster truck driver (married)
- Trey Wier, 23; Austin, Texas; land consultant/former college athlete; Alexis "Lexi" Beerman, 22; Dripping Springs, Texas; clothing designer (dating)
- James LoMenzo, 53; Burbank, Calif.; professional musician/former band member of White Lion and Megadeth; Mark "Abba" Abbattista, 45; Denver; entertainment lawyer (friends)
- Abbie Ginsberg, 31; Encinitas, Calif.; dance instructor/choreographer; Ryan Danz, 35; San Diego; financial service company owner (dating divorcees)
- Jaymes Vaughan, 30; Las Vegas; Chippendales emcee; James Davis, 27; Las Vegas; Chippendales dancer (best friends)
- Rob Scheer, 52; Ketchikan, Alaska; lumberjack and entrepreneur; Sheila Castle, 44; Pigeon Forge, Tenn.; retail manager (engaged)
- Caitlin King, 24; Atlanta; special ed teacher; Brittany Fletcher, 25; Chicago; medical device sales (best friends)
- Gary Wojnar, 52, Livonia, Mich.; substitute teacher; Will Chiola, 53; Dearborn, Mich.; substitute teacher (best friends)
- Amy Purdy, 32; Summit County, Colo.; motivational speaker/snowboarder (double amputee); Daniel Gale, 36; Summit County, Colo.; executive director (dating on and off)
The Amazing Race's 21st season premieres Sunday, Sept. 30, at 8 p.m. on CBS with Phil Keoghan back as host.