Taylor Swift is not the kind of girl who should be rudely barging in on a white veil occasion, but Conor Kennedy is just the type of boy she's willing to come close for! Don't worry, she's no Owen Wilson or Vince Vaughn!
So just who is Conor Kennedy, the 18-year-old dating the 22-year-old country princess? Here are five need-to-know facts about this Camelot prince.
1. He Is Still in High School: While Taylor is promoting her upcoming album, Conor will be busy with homework and a rigorous course load at Massachusetts' prestigious Deerfield Academy. Believe it or not, Conor is a high school student at the $45,000 a year New England prep school.
2. He'll Most Likely Oversee His Late Mom's Estate: Conor's mom, Mary Kennedy, tragically committed suicide in May. As the oldest of her four children, Conor requested to be named the administrator of her estate. Per the Wall Street Journal, a lawyer for Robert F. Kennedy Jr. (Conor's father, who was in the process of divorcing Mary at the time of her death) raised no objection.
3. He's a Whale Researcher: Conor recently worked with Ocean Alliance, an organization dedicated to the research and welfare of whales around the world. In one blog post, Taylor's beau was praised for spotting a dorsal fin a mile away. Hey, any friend of the ocean is a friend of ours!
4. His Family Approves of Taylor…for the Most Part: Conor's aunt, Rory Kennedy, introduced Taylor to her family after seeing one of her shows with her daughters. "She's awesome," Rory told reporters. Ethel Kennedy, Conor's grandmother, echoed the sentiment, saying the Kennedy clan "should be so lucky" to have Taylor someday join the political dynasty. However, Victoria Gifford Kennedy, Conor's aunt, told the Boston Herald Taylor and Conor crashed her daughter's wedding. Taylor's rep denies this.
5. He's Basically American Royalty: Conor's father, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., is the nephew of President John F. Kennedy. This means Taylor's style icon Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis is Conor's great-aunt.
Seems like a nice kid, right? We wish the best for these two.