Sound off with a "Sk8er Boi" scream if you knew Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger were even dating.
Silence? Yeah, we thought so. But don't feel too bad, because the duo's done a fabulous job keeping their relationship under wraps, and it came as quite the surprise when the pop star and Nickelback rocker announced they are engaged to be married after only six months of dating.
But hey, that's how things work here in Hollyweird so it shouldn't shock you that Avril and Chad are definitely not alone. Here are five more quickie celebrity engagements, but read fast—before Lavigne and Kroeger can say "I do."
1. Khloé Kardashian and Lamar Odom: Our beloved Khlomar is one of the most solid celebrity couples, so it may come as a surprise that the duo wed only one month after they first met. Khloé infamously gave her momager Kris Jenner nine days notice to throw together the lavish nuptials, but the love at first sight approach has worked for the reality TV twosome—they will celebrate their three year anniversary in September.
2. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes: It only took two months after Tom and Katie started dating for Cruise to pop the question (and less than that for the actor to jump on Oprah's couch). And this former couple is still living in the fast lane. TomKat's now officially divorced after five years of marriage, and their divorce proceedings all went down even faster (one and a half months) than their engagement.
3. Britney and Everyone but Jason Trawick: Third time's the charm (we hope!) for Britney Spears, but the X Factor judge hasn't always been so lucky in love. She infamously walked down the aisle with her hometown hunk Jason Alexander during a wild weekend in Las Vegas, only to get it the marriage annulled 55 hours later. Unfortunately, Ms. Spears didn't seem learn her quickie engagement lesson. Brit Brit got engaged to her second hubby Kevin Federline after less than a year of dating and the chaotic couple wound up divorced two years later.
4. Katy Perry and Russell Brand: This kooky couple took their romance public in October 2009, were engaged by the end of December and already married by October 2010. The former duo wed in a lavish ceremony in India with elephants, jugglers and acrobats, but it seems even a circus act couldn't save their marriage. Brand filed for divorce in December 2011, after a mere 14 months.
5. Carey Mulligan and Marcus Mumford: It only took five months for Marcus Mumford to know Carey Mulligan was "the one," and the effortlessly cool couple wed last May in London. Despite the quickie engagement, the newly weds were in fact childhood pen pals who reconnected as adults. Talk about a cute story to tell the kids!