The leaves are changin', folks!
OK, not really, but we are getting closer and closer to fall, which means all of our favorite shows and the networks' new offerings will be heading to a TV screen near you very soon. And because we're just so excited, we've been counting down the 50 reasons we're excited for the Fall TV season.
Today, we're highlighting a pop sensation's visit to a spooky little town filled with secrets, the return of one of our favorite bromances on TV, and why fans shouldn't be nervous about Elementary's gender-switch when it comes to CBS' take on Sherlock Holmes. Check out reasons 20-11 that we're excited for the Fall TV season (warning: they will make you long for all things Halloween!):
20. Katie Cassidy's Time to Shine: After stealing the show on the CW's Melrose Place reboot and holding her own against the Winchester brothers on Supernatural, we're excited that Cassidy is finally getting a vehicle worthy of her talent in the form of the CW's Arrow. And the fact that she may eventually find herself playing a superhero (Black Canary)? We. Die.
19. Pretty Little Halloween: Move over, Charlie Brown! We have a new favorite Halloween special and that's Pretty Little Liars' annual Halloween episode. This year, Adam Lambert will be stopping by to hang with the girls. Need we say more?
18. The Return of Michael Urie: After stealing our hearts on Ugly Betty, Urie is at it again in his new CBS sitcom Partners. Spoiler alert: He's still as lovable as ever. We missed you!
17. The Doctor Is Out: We were super-bummed to hear that Tim Daly was exiting ABC's Private Practice and we're curious to see the group's dynamic without the O.G. castmember. We're also curious to see if the show could go on without its star Kate Walsh, who is leaving after 13 episodes. Your move, Shonda Rhimes!
16. More Time With Parks and Recreation's Scene-Stealer: To paraphrase Christopher Walken on Saturday Night Live, we have a fever and the only prescription is more Jean-Ralphio (Ben Schwartz) on the NBC comedy.
15. Fictional Halloween Season: With outlandish budgets and creativity, TV shows' Halloween episodes are often some of our favorites of the year. This season, we can't wait to see what Happy Endings, Modern Family, Hart of Dixie and more scare up.
14. Schmidty Goodness: Oh New Girl's Schmidt (Max Greenfield), it's been a long, brutal summer without you and your words of wisdom...and your kimono.
13. It's Elementary, My Dear Watson: Who doesn't love a fresh twist on a classic tale? CBS' new procedural Elementary, which finds Jonny Lee Miller filling Sherlock Holmes' genius shoes, took a huge risk making their Watson a woman. Guess what? Their gamble pays off big as Lucy Liu is awesome in the role and the show is one of our favorite new offerings.
12. Supernatural Goes Back to the Beginning: A big brother finds his younger brother, who is happily out of the demon-hunting business and has a girlfriend, and gets him to come back on the road with him. Sound familiar? Yes, the CW hit is rebooting in season eight and we're excited to see where new showrunner Jeremy Carver, who's penned some of our favorite episodes, takes Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles). Carry on, our wayward sons.
We're counting down the reasons we can't wait for Fall TV: Come back tomorrow for our top ten!