Courtesy: Jeremy Womack, Womack Photography
In news that rattled Hollywood, Top Gun director Tony Scott plunged to his death from a Los Angeles bridge in an apparent suicide attempt.
It was a shocking ending to a busy weekend that included news of Kristen Stewart opting out of several upcoming Twilight conventions (along with Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner), Ryan Lochte's Vegas birthday bash, Prince Harry's first Sin City pool party, Taylor Swift 's day out on Cape Cod with beau Conor Kennedy, and more.
• RIP: British filmmaker Tony Scott died from an apparent suicide; he was 68. Emmy winner William Windom died at 88 years old from congestive heart failure.
• Laying Low: Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart will be MIA at the upcoming conventions for Twilight. The estranged couple and Taylor Lautner opted out of attending the events.
• Sin City Bash: Olympic hottie Ryan Lochte headed to Las Vegas to continue his latest round of birthday celebrations, mingling with ladies poolside in a pink speedo at the Palazzo and partying with fellow Olympic swimmers Cullen Jones and Conor Dwyer. Prince Harry was also in Sin City this weekend, getting his feet wet (literally) at his first Las Vegas pool party at MGM Grand's Wet Republic, alongside partygoers like Jennifer Lopez.
• Tonight Show Shake-Up: After the Tonight Show laid off at least 20 employees, host Jay Leno offered to take a pay cut to save more jobs.
• Tying the Knot: Campaign actress Katherine LaNasa and her fiancé of one month Grant Show married Saturday in Topanga, Calif., in a rustic ceremony at the Oak Grove at Ribbit Tree & Plant Nursery.
• Big Apple Bonding: Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise hit the town in New York City again Saturday, with the Jack and Jill star teaching her 6-year-old daughter how to ride a bike.
• Do-Gooder Alert: In honor of World Humanitarian Day, Beyoncéperformed "I Was Here" at the United Nations General Assembly Hall in New York, and will donate the music video of the performance.
• Young Love: Taylor Swift and Conor Kennedy were snapped canoodling this weekend, holding hands and kissing as they made their way along the shore of Cape Cod in Hyannis Port, Mass., Friday.
• Twitter War: Veteran actor D.B. Sweeney ignited a Twitter feud with Twi-hards, after he tweeted "Just saw Pattinson on #DailyShow trying to figure out what took k-stew so long to look around with this douche astride her. #holytwit."
• On the Mend: Nicki Minaj was forced to cancel her shows at the V Festival in England this weekend, after she strained her vocal cords. Meanwhile, Wynonna Judd postponed her concerts in Canada next week after her husband was involved in a scary motorcycle accident.
Box Office The Expendables 2 topped this weekend's box office at $28.8 million, followed by The Bourne Legacy at $17 million and ParaNorman at $14 million. In limited release, Robert Pattinson's Cosmopolis led the field in per-screen average (at $72,000 per).