"Hey, I just met you. And this is crazy. But here's your song clearance, so cover me maybe!"
That's basically what Carly Rae Jepsen told Glee producers (or how we imagine she told them) about her hit song "Call Me Maybe" as the Fox hit is set to tackle the biggest song of the summer in its season four premiere, Entertainment Weekly reports. New Directions, down its graduating seniors, will cover it, so we're guessing it'll have to do with the long-distance couples keeping in touch, as creator Ryan Murphy hinted at last week.
Since Glee is taking on one of our favorite hits, here are five other summer jams we'd like the show to cover this season...
1. Demi Lovato's "GIve Your Heart a Break": What better way to welcome the new X Factor host to Fox than with a performance of Lovato's latest single by Lea Michele? Plus, Murphy already confirmed on Twitter the show will be covering one of Lovato's songs.
2. Justin Bieber's "Boyfriend": We'd love to see the show's Justin Bieber Experience band reunite to cover the whisper-rap-style single. Chord Overstreet, feel free to take the lead.
3. Imagine Dragon's "It's Time": We lurve this song and think it would be a good choice for New Directions.
4. Hunter Hayes' "Wanted": This awesome country ballad could work for many of the show's couples (Brittana or Klaine, maybe?!) and we'd love to see Glee tackle the country genre more often.
5. Spice Girls' "Wannabe": The Olympics have given us Spice fever again and the fact that Glee has yet to cover any of the band's songs is basically a crime against humanity. What are they waiting for?! (This post, obviously.)
What songs would you like Glee to tackle in season four? Sound off in the comments!