Our Revenge sources are spilling exclusive details on season two's mysterious "big event" and suffice to say, as überfans, we are terrified. And intrigued! But mostly…terrified. ABC's addictive drama just started filming the second season this week, and at least one much-loved character is going down.
Here are seven clues you need to know:
1. Just like last year, season two will open with a "big event" that is both shocking and devastating. (Last year, it was the dead body on the beach. 'Member that fun little ditty?) Then in subsequent (multiple) episodes, they'll flash back in time showing what lead up to that event.
2. According to insiders, the "big event" has something to do with a boat.
3. And not just any boat: The Amanda—owned by, of course, Emily's (Emily VanCamp) childhood love, Jack (Nick Wechsler).
4. Someone will be, um, "tied" to that boat, our sources say. And of course, something terrible will happen. Like, call-your-momma-and-book-your-therapy-session-now kind of terrible!
5. Meanwhile, lo and behold, photos have surfaced of Emily Van Camp and Josh Bowman (Daniel) in Marina del Rey, Calif., heading to film a scene on a boat (The Amanda!), dressed up all fancy-like. Let the record show: We really wish they'd just stay away from the water. Or at the very least, bring floatees.
6. Emily Van Camp took the plunge. Yesterday, the actress tweeted: "spent today tied to a wooden post getting pummeled by coldcaliforniawaves. The things one will do for revenge.... :)"
7. We also know Nolan and Jack are on the boat, thanks to a pic Gabriel Mann (Nolan) tweeted out. He also posted a pic of Emily warming up in the parking lot with a wool sweater and Ugg boots. Ya know, just typical California summer wear, y'all!
Related sidenote: Revenge creator Mike Kelly told us months ago that he was planning to open season two with Emily's wedding--"we just don't know to who." And while we're pretty sure the smoking-hot red dress Emily wore to set this week is not bridal couture, costar Henry Czerny (Conrad Grayson) did tell us of season two: "There will be a wedding, but I'm not sure that it's Emily's."
What does all this add up to? We aren't math whizzes or anything, geez! But it sure looks like one of our favorite characters might be in serious trouble. Also, Revenge's season two is shaping up to be spectacular, yet again. Is it Sept. 30 yet?
—Additional reporting by Tierney Bricker