Sage Stallone's death was a surprise to all who knew him, and reports he may have overdosed are even more surprising, according to his attorney and longtime friend George Braunstein.
"He was very creative, energetic and very full of life," Braunstein told E! News on Saturday. "We were just joking about how he was going to get married and have a fun marriage. There was nothing dark or depressing, no problems, certainly no financial problems."
Following his death, Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said prescription bottles were recovered in the investigation, but did not say what the bottles contained, or whether they had a role in Sage's death, according to KNBC.
But Braunstein said that when his mom, Sasha Czack, went to the home to identify Sage's body, "The only bottles she found were a bunch of empty Doc Brown's Cream Soda."
The attorney went on to say he had never seen Sage drink or do drugs.
"Never, no, not from the day I met him," Braunstein said. "I never knew him to drink alcohol. I never saw him take drugs. I never knew of anything like that at all."
Sage was a "loving, caring, creative person," who had plans to make a movie and get married in Las Vegas, as early as next weekend, Braunstein continued.
"His mother [Sasha Czack] is devastated. They're trying to sort everything out and plan a funeral. [Sylvester] called, he's upset too. They may be celebs, but they're regular parents. It's tragic."
The investigation into Sage's death is still ongoing. Police told E! News there were no signs of forced entry at the home and no foul play appeared to be involved.
"I'm going to wait to see what the coroner says," Braunstein went on. "I think it was either natural causes or a terrible accident. I don't think it had anything to do with drugs, he wasn't that kind of guy. He wasn't anyone trying to take his life."