From the moment he first sat down behind the judges' table, we knew we were in for a wild ride with the Aerosmith rocker. But nothing could prepare us for what went down over the past two seasons.
1. Steven Strips Down: After the top 24 were announced in season 11, Tyler took advantage of the funky Idol set, which surrounded by what can only be described as a moat. To the horror of fellow judges Jennifer Lopez and Randy Jackson, Steven took off his clothes, mooned the camera and then dove right into the water.
2. Most Quotable Quote: After eventual Idol champ Scotty McCreery sang two songs in that trademark deep voice of his, Tyler was stunned almost speechless, only uttering what became one of the most memorable sound bites of season 10: "Well hellfire, save matches, f--k a duck and see what hatches!" Don't worry, that was supposed to be a compliment.
3. Sir, You're Daughter Is Hot: We're not sure which is creepier, the fact that Steven Tyler hit on a 15-year-old girl, or the fact that he did it in a comment directed at her father! When Shannon Margane auditioned in Boston last season, her father joined her in the room and greeted the judges with a friendly "How's Beantown?" What he got back, however, was a little too friendly. Tyler answered with this gem: "Great, beautiful. Hot, humid and happening…yeah, just like your daughter!" That was when the awkward silence started.
4. Dropping F-Bombs: Mere days into his gig as an American Idol judge in season 10, Tyler dropped a giant F-bomb after hearing that one Idol hopeful's last name (Jake Muck) rhymed with that particular swear word. The following night, the show issued a humorous apology, calling his behavior "outrageous." Tyler would later find comfort in swearing on live TV, screaming at fan favorite Casey Abrams that he pissed America off because he was "so f--king good!"
5. Don't Miss a Thing: When season 10 star Lauren Alaina bravely auditioned in Nashville using one of the judges' own songs (always risky), she not only got a pass to Hollywood, she got to duet with a rock legend…with her entire family watching. She sang "Don't Want to Miss a Thing," and Tyler happily joined in to give her a hand voice.
Did we miss any epic Steven Tyler Idol moments? Will you miss his crazy behavior next season? Sound off in the comments!