Close
BRAND NEW ON E!
  • News/ 

    Chris Brown-Drake Brawl Club Sues New York City!

    Chris Brown, Drake Michael Kovac, David Livingston/Getty Images, Twitter

    W.i.P. wants its VIPs back.

    The owner of the Manhattan nightclub where a fight broke out between Chris Brown and his entourage and a table populated by Drake and his crew has sued New York City for breach of contract, claiming that they were needlessly shut down and are losing money. 

    Understandably, the city wasn't too concerned with the owner's bottom line when officials ordered W.i.P. and Greenhouse (W.i.P. is in the basement) to close their doors after one too many alleged violent incidents at the location.

    MORE: Chris Brown Brawl Aftermath: Tony Parker Recovering From Eye Surgery in France

    In the complaint filed in New York Supreme Court and obtained by E! News, 150 RFT Varick Corp. charges that the city of New York violated their agreement to run a business out of the location and is currently costing them approximately $264,000 per week in earnings while depriving employees of their jobs.

    And, needless to say, the plaintiff wants its clubs reopened, ASAP.

    MORE: View the lawsuit

    "In balancing the equities and hardships in this matter, given the inception of the closure without notice having started on Saturday, June 16, 2012 and continuing, it is clear that the scales tip heavily in favor of Plaintiff with respect to the need for immediate restraint against defendant CITY," the suit states.

    City attorneys said that the club owners filed other paperwork last week looking to reopen their businesses and their claims have not yet been resolved.

    MORE: Rapper Meek Mill breaks silence on bar brawl

    Bottles started flying in the wee morning hours of June 16, according to witnesses, some of whom, like model Lucy Pavlovsky, were injured in the fray by broken glass. In an interview with E! News last week, she compared the scene to "a war zone."

    NBA star Tony Parker, who had surgery to repair a lacerated cornea and is in danger of missing the Olympics, has filed a $20 million negligence suit against W.i.P., alleging the club completely dropped the ball as far as security went.

    Brown and his reps have said that they are cooperating with the NYPD's investigation into what went down, while Drake's rep denied that the rapper had anything to do with what happened and was exiting the club when the fight erupted.

    The "Take Care" artist seemingly addressed the fight a couple nights later during one of his concerts, telling the crowd, "When I woke up this morning, I had to think about a lot of things. But the only thing I gave a f--k about was that I was in New York City tonight."

    Meanwhile, though Brown's rep tells E! News that they have heard of no such offer, the New York Daily News reports that Celebrity Boxing promoter Damon Feldman is willing to give Brown and Drake $1 million each for charity if they sign up to duke it out in the ring for pay-per-view audiences.

    "Obviously they have a grudge," Feldman told the paper. "It's just three one-minute rounds. No one will get seriously hurt."

    GALLERY: New York Party Pics

    RELATED VIDEOS:

    FROM AROUND THE WEB
    MORE ON EONLINE

    JWoww's Post­Baby Bod

    See the reality star just one week after giving birth
    UPDATE!
    Zoe Saldana, Fashion Magazine