If you are like us, you might not be ready to say goodbye to Game of Thrones quite yet. After that awesome season finale, the wait for season three sounds excruciating.
Fortunately, the writers are hard at work on the next installment, and EW.com has recently released the new additions. What new characters can you expect to see next year? And who would we like to see playing them? We'll try to keep book spoilers to a minimum, but here are the five new faces we are dying to meet:
1. Mance Rayder: In case you were hiding from White Walkers behind a rock, you might have missed the almost constant references to the wildling king throughout the season. This former Night's Watch ranger shed the black and became the King Beyond the Wall. So who is up for that fearsome task? We are quite partial to The Hour's Dominic West.
2. Daario Naharis: Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) obviously doesn't have enough handsome men in her life. While we might wish for her to hurry up and take her dragons across the narrow sea, first she's going to be facing off against this new warrior. Anyone know the casting directors? We'd like to throw Oded Fehr's name into the ring. Please.
3. Lady Selyse Florent and Shireen Baratheon: Remember how Stannis Baratheon (Stephen Dillane) is actually married? And has a child. Well his young daughter has already been cast and will be played by Kerry Ingram. We can't wait to see how Melisandre (Carice van Houten) will handle the presence of the sickly wife she spoke so highly of when she was seducing Stannis on the map table.
4. Olenna Redwyne: Time to meet the new in-laws! The family of Joffrey's (Jack Gleeson) betrothed must be heading to King's Landing, because they are casting Margaery Tyrell's (Natalie Dormer) quick-witted grandmother. We wonder if Maggie Smith has room in her busy Downton Abbey schedule to head over to Westeros.
5. Beric Dondarrion: Remember the horrible torturer—oddly named The Tickler—back in Harrenhal, who had an interrogation obsession and was desperate to find out information on the mysterious Brotherhood? The Tickler might be long dead—we love you Jaqen H'ghar—but the leader of the outlaw group, Brotherhood Without Banners, will be appearing in season three.
Are you looking forward to these new characters? Have an actor in mind that you are dying to see in Game of Thrones? Play casting director in the comments!