Warning: Do not read the following article if you have yet to watch tonight's Revenge finale. Seriously, if you choose to read on and then complain about spoilers in the comments, you are the pizza burn on the roof of the TV world's mouth.
Revenge is a dish best served during May sweeps, are we right?! The ABC breakout hit series closed out its first season tonight with a finale so action-packed and full of cliffhangers that we had to remind ourselves to breathe...multiple times.
So what went down tonight in the Hamptons? And who didn't make it to the end of the hour? Find out the five biggest shockers of the night...
1. Emily and Daniel Are Dunzo: The Hamptons' golden couple has officially split...and Emily (Emily VanCamp) could really care less! So what caused the demise of their relationship? Eavesdropper extraordinaire Ashley (Ashley Madekwe) told Daniel (Joshua Bowman) that she saw Emily and Jack (Nick Wechsler) kissing and when Daniel confronted his fiancée, she owned up to the smooches and handed him back his engagement ring. Ouch! Something tells us Daniel won't be heartbroken for long as Ashley was there to offer him a (well-dressed) shoulder to cry on.
2. Baby Bombshell: Welcome back, Amanda (Margarita Levieva)! And by welcome back, we totally mean why did you have to come back and ruin our Jack and Emily bubble of happiness?! After ending things with Daniel and telling BFF Nolan (Gabriel Mann), who she saved earlier in the hour (natch!), that she was going to come clean to Jack about everything, Emily was in for quite a shock when she arrived at the bar: a pregnant Amanda, telling her, "Jack and I are going to have a baby."
3. The Queen Is Dead? Dear TV characters, never, ever get on an airplane...especially in the finale! After learning that Conrad (Henry Czerny) ordered David Clarke's death, Victoria (Madeleine Stowe) was more determined than ever to bring him down. She enlisted Lydia to testify against Conrad (who proposed to Lydia, by the way!) and met an agent at the airport. Too bad the white-haired man was also at the airport, hanging out near her plane's wheels, you know, just planting a bomb. (Should Emily have taken him out when she had the chance? Discuss!) Before you know it, Charlotte (Christa B. Allen) learns via the news that her mother's plane went down! Something tells us it's going to take a lot more than an explosion to take out Victoria Grayson.
4. Like Mother, Like Daughter: No, it wasn't enough that one Grayson woman may have died by finale's end, Charlotte had to go and possibly OD! We can't blame the girl for turning to pills to cope after her mother's plane went down, the continued trainwreck that is her relationship with Declan (Connor Paolo) and the guilt she felt after outing a classmate's affair with a professor.
5. Mother of All Twists: Emily's mother is alive! Though Emily said last week that she remembers her mother being very sick when she was a child, at the end of the episode we learned that Mrs. Thorne is alive and kicking! "Let it play," Emily says of the footage of Victoria spilling the details of her mother's very much alive-ness. Dun-dun-dun!
Do you think Victoria really died? What about Charlotte? Do you think Amanda is really pregnant? Who should play Emily's mother? Sound off in the comments!