Dear TV Gods,
We here at Team WWK have been doing a lot of thinking and have decided to put our hopes for the May finale season out into the universe in a vain hope to On our wish list? A solution to the witch problem on Vampire Diaries, increased screen time for certain guest stars on Glee and a happy ending on Once Upon a Time, to name a few.
Other shows that made our finale wishlist include Fringe, Grey's Anatomy, Castle, How I Met Your Mother and more. So what exactly do we want to see on our TV screens during May sweeps? Find out...
TEAM WWK TV Finale Wishlist
1. The Vampire Diaries: We're rooting hardcore for a breakup on the CW hit between the witches and the mythology. Before you accuse of us being Bonnie (Kat Graham) haters, hear us out: The show has backed itself into a creative corner because of the emphasis on the witches and their magic. Wouldn't Alaric's (Matt Davis) transformation into the ultimate vampire-hunting vampire at the hand (literally) of Bonnie have been even more compelling if she had chosen to do it herself, not been possessed by some annoying as hell "sisters" from beyond the grave? The witches have become TVD's safety net, so we'd like to see the finale somehow eradicate, at least temporarily, their power.
2. Glee: Since next season is a complete mystery to us, the fans and the cast, we want the finale to introduce us to the "revolutionary" concept we'll be seeing in the fourth season. If it has something to do with a reality show within the show like we've been speculating, please make sure Jonathan Groff is in every episode as the villainesque character causing all the drama with his beautiful angel face that exudes joy and world peace. Throw in Matt "your eyes are so blue it burns my flesh" Bomer every once in a while, too.
3. Grey's Anatomy: With a confirmed death and things so up in the air for our residents taking their board exams and possibly leaving Seattle, the buildup to the finale feels like high school graduation day. Sure we'll promise to stay in touch, but we'll actually hide in the produce aisle of the grocery store to avoid an awkward run-in when we're back home visiting for Thanksgiving. Our biggest hope for this finale is some resolution, be it tragic, sad, happy or otherwise. There is nothing worse for overly invested TV viewers than a fade to black. If we are going to lose a main character, at least give us the summer to grieve. And while we're at it let's throw in a Mark (Eric Dane) and Lexie (Chyler Leigh) reunion that'll stick longer than one episode. OK, cool?
4. Castle: Can Castle (Nathan Fillion) and Beckett (Stana Katic) please turn their fictional romance into a real-life love connection? Then they can get married, start their own private detective agency and change the show title to Castle & Castle. Cherry-on-top wish: Replace one-note Captain Victoria Gates (Penny Johnson Jerald) with someone fun and quirky—Joel Grey anyone?
5. Parks and Recreation: We hate to get all traditional on them, but we'd probably squee to death if Ben (Adam Scott) proposed to Leslie (Amy Poehler) with a ring shaped like the state of Indiana. Where can he get one of those, you ask? Um, maybe the diamond got warped naturally en route to the Midwest? We don't know, we're not the writers! Geez. Oh, we'd also like to see Leslie win the election and bring her entire team with her while she makes changes to Pawnee. Tom can bring DJ Roomba, too. Knope we can!
6. Fringe: First off, let's toast to Fox giving the sci-fi fan favorite a fifth and final season comprised of 13 episodes to wrap up their epic story. Wheeee! Judging from Joshua Jackson's tweets post-renewal news, it seems like the fifth season may just take place in the 2036 world we were introduced to in this season's "Letters of Transit." "Do you think they'll have peacoats in 2036?" he asked. "Can't wait to #fightthefuture." While we love this idea, we do have one minor major concern: Olivia (Anna Torv) best be part of this time line or we'll throw a riot that'll be felt in both universes. You pickin' up what we're putting down? Don't let us down, season four finale!
7. Once Upon a Time: Is it too much to ask for happily ever after? With Regina/the Evil Queen (Lana Parilla) cackling and twirling her mustache all season long, we just want a little magic in the finale. We might love TV drama, but sometimes even our cold black hearts—which are kept in tiny boxes in a wall—need to be fed with some happy schmaltz. So sign us up for a lovely Mary Margaret (Ginnifer Goodwin) and David (Josh Dallas) reunion. And to be perfectly honest, we'd be cool to suspend our disbelief and have that magic resurrect our beautiful hot Sheriff Graham (Jamie Dornan) in Storybrooke.
8. In Plain Sight: Marshall's engagement to Abby (hiss!) In Plain Sight has dumped coal in the stockings of devoted Mary-Marshall shippers. And with the series finale (sniff!) this Friday away, the prospect of the two partners hooking up is about as likely as Mary showing up with baby Nora at a Mommy & Me class. Still, if we were writing the finale, Abby would step off and Mary and Marshall would ride off into the sunset together with their adorable baby. (Yes, we're adding a reveal that Nora is the product of an unacknowledged M&M hookup.)
9. How I Met Your Mother: We've been tingling with anticipation for months—all right, years—to finally learn the identity of Barney's (Neil Patrick Harris) mystery bride, and now that it's almost here we've got just one thing to say: meh. Sure, Barney and Quinn (Becki Newton) are a fine couple, but every legendary HIMYM fan knows he belongs with Robin! If the bride turns out to be Quinn (once again, meh), we wish that she'll pull a Stella and leave Barney at the altar. Sure our favorite laser-tag champion would be crushed, but then finally he and Robin (Cobie Smulders) could stop being apart and start being awesome instead!
10. Community: This is an easy one—for the third season finale to not be the series finale. Seriously, NBC. We're this close to putting on our evil felt goatees and going all-dark time line on you if you don't renew Community. At least give them their senior year! #GreendaleGangGraduates
What are you wishing to see when you tune into your favorite show's finale? Any dream hookups...or breakups? Sound off in the comments!