Now that the official 2012 Cannes lineup has been announced—featuring both Rob's Cosmopolis and Kristen's On the Road—it's safe to assume the twosome will draw plenty of attention when they touch down in the south of France for the film festival next month.
1. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie: The King and Queen of Cannes, Angie and Brad's splashiest trip across the pond was in 2008 when Angelina hit the festival with two films (Kung Fu Panda and Changeling) and a baby bump fit for two: her twins, Knox and Vivienne!
But preggo or not, Brangelina is always sure to make a splash at the ritzy event. She shows off the chicest of gowns and he shows off some serious PDA, on and off the carpet. The newly engaged duo is expected to return this year—for Brad's film Killing Them Softly—and we're sure they'll continue the trend.
2. Leonardo DiCaprio and Blake Lively: Fresh off his split from model GF Bar Refaeli (who also attended Cannes in 2011, awkward), Leo made waves at last year's festival by getting quite cozy with the Gossip Gal. The twosome took their whirlwind romance around the world, but their PDA debut—hugging aboard a luxury yacht while paparazzi snapped away—was the Cannes couples moment of the year.
3. Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis: Though lately they've spent more time defending their relationship than stepping out in the limelight, it was a totally different story two years ago when the usually private pair attended Cannes (though Johnny had no films playing) and hit up the party scene. The duo—who also live in France—held hands lovingly as they left the Chanel party together.
4. Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson: No, Mean Girls didn't premiere at Cannes, but in 2008, LiLo and her DJ ex-girlfriend sparked rumors of their romance when they were spotted holding hands and smooching on a yacht (they're all the rage in Cannes) at a party hosted by Diddy. The two gals played coy on the kiss at the time, but it was at Cannes that their relationship bloomed (and long before all that…other drama).
5. Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart: We're so excited for R.Pattz and K.Stew to hit up the French Riviera that we're already including them! Because, if history has taught us anything, it's that Rob and Kristen love to toy with the paparazzi while globetrotting with any of their respective films. And though Mama Stewart will be tagging along this year, we'd bet good money that the Twilight couple will find time to sneak away and let loose.
And, who knows, maybe they'll even rub elbows with Brad and Angelina. Power couples unite!