There's a reason they call him "Smolder Hotter," people! OK, not they, but we. Technicalities. And regardless, Ian Somerhalder just hit our E! News studio (see more of him on tonight's E! News at 7 pm!) and I stole away a few minutes with him to talk The Vampire Diaries' season finale.
And guess what? He was talking about "Damon dying" (say whaaa?) and a love-triangle deal with Stefan (Paul Wesley) which doesn't sound good at all. Here are five scoopy highlights:
1. Stefan and Damon Strike a Deal! And me no likely. Ian reveals: "The brothers both agree, 'If she goes for you, I'll leave town. And if she goes for me, you leave town. So this doesn't get weird.' And they both agree on it. And that's what's so cool is that by virtue of this decision the boys have ultimately become so insanely close. And I love that I think it's really cool that that's what happens." Right. Fine. But keep your hiney and your brother's hiney firmly planted in Mystic Falls, mmm kay? Thanks.
2. The Love Triangle Is "Ending." Ian tells us: "Elena makes a decision. Well, after Damon dies she only has one decision." Then after a long, excruciating pause in which I beat his chest to make him stop, he let out a hearty laugh and said, "Who knows? Maybe. We'll see!"
3. Ian Insists He's Fine Winning or Losing Elena. "You know what's funny," Smolder Hotter says with a half-smile. "Paul and I joke about this, because we do know each other and we love each other, and everybody wants everyone to win, but sometimes when you lose, you still win something. That's kind of a cool metaphor for life. Just remember this, second place is the first loser." So...everyone wins?
4. One More Finale Tease: "In the finale, Damon and Stefan really start to love each other. In this situation, heartbreak and failure and triumph brings them together. For me obviously, a lot of bad stuff happens. So it's very cool for us to finally come together. Now, by the way, it might get boring and then we will be trying to kill each other in season four!" Phew! So can we assume no one is actually dying or getting run out of Mystic Falls? Let's say yes so we can sleep tonight. After, of course, watching the new episode of TVD which airs on the CW!
5. Check Out the Ian Somerhalder Foundation: Ian's philanthropic organization is doing some really amazing work to make this world a better place. Right now, they are organizing the "Let's Get Dirty" campaign, to help clean up schools. Details can be found at www.isfoundation.com.
Who are you rooting to win Elena's heart, TVD fans?
PHOTOS: The Vampire Diaries OMG Moments