Michaele Salahi and Neal Schon have yet another reason to pack on their prodigious PDA—they can celebrate kicking the butt of her soon-to-be ex-husband in court today.
E! News has exclusively learned that a Virginia judge dismissed Tareq Salahi's $50 million claim against the former Real Housewives star and her Journey guitarist boyfriend.
Warren County (Va.) Circuit Court Judge Dennis Hupop ruled that the lawsuit, filed on Valentine's Day, is "not legally sufficient" to move forward.
In case you don't remember, this was the lawsuit where some colorful accusations were made, among them being that Schon sent Tareq pictures of his private parts. Tareq also claimed that the musician called him and said, "I'm f--king your wife!" (Alas, there's no mention of Michaele and Schon getting hot and heavy in the Journey "Resonate" video.)
But more than that, Tareq felt that filing for divorce from Michaele ruined their brand (because that's what's important here).
Tareq had asserted that TV shows pulled offers from the former White House gatecrashers after his wife ran off with Schon last fall. That very public cuckolding inflicted pain and suffering on Tareq, per the court docs.
So, in addition to lost earnings, that $50 million represented, in Tareq's eyes, damages for intentional infliction of emotional distress, conspiracy to defame, interference with a contract expectancy, unjust enrichment and defamation.
Clearly, the judge didn't see it that way.
UPDATE: A rep for Schon confirmed July 9 that Tareq's complaint—after he had attempted to refile following Hupp's initial dismissal—had been dismissed with prejudice (aka for good). "Today is more than a win for our clients, it is a victory for common sense," said Schon attorney Stephen Cobb.