With so many superstars playing super heroes, how could you not be excited for The Avengers?
Marvel released a new trailer for the sure-to-be summer blockbuster today. Here are five things we learned...
1. Nick Fury's Still Got It: The super-spy, played by Samuel L. Jackson, doesn't even flinch as buildings crumble, fires break out in the street and complete chaos ensues. "War has started," he says ominously, but fret not! This director of S.H.I.E.L.D. is out to save us all, recruiting a dream team of super heroes to help pull the world back from the brink of disaster.
2. Superheroes Stay in Shape: When the human race needs you for protection, you don't slack off at the gym. Chris Evans looks every bit as buff reprising his role as Captain America as he did in The First Avenger last year. The Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and the rest of the gang also look like they can hold their own in an apocalypse now more than ever.
3. Iron Man Brings the LOLz: The Avengers trailer isn't all doom and gloom! Iron Man, played by Robert Downey Jr., offers some comic relief. "I thought I didn't qualify," he says. "Apparently I'm—what was it?—volatile, self obsessed, and [I] don't play well with others." Way to explain that Iron Man 2 plot twist with some humor, RDJ.
4. Lights, Camera, Compassion: Of course, this Joss Whedon directed flick is jam-packed with fighting and special effects. Thor, Captain America and Iron Man spar with each other, and not everyone is ready to be a hero. But ultimately, the real fight is against the same evil threatening mankind. And as the Black Widow says, for all of the heroes, "This is nothing we were ever trained for."
5. The Hulk Is Back: Not only is the massive green dude ready to fight, but he's more realistic than ever as he tears through destruction and chaos in New York City. He even swoops in and catches Iron Man. Saving a fellow super hero from a deadly fate? Now that's a true bro.