Kevin Winter/Getty Images
Kevin Winter/Getty Images
The awards season is in full swing and it looks like The Artist might have a run for its money as the Oscars get closer.
That's because The Help won a trio of top prizes to just one for The Artist at Sunday's SAG Awards, and everyone knows that the actors form the biggest voting bloc of the Academy Awards and this could portend an upset. To spread the wealth around, though, The Artist did pocket its umpteenth trophy by claiming the big enchilada at the Directors Guild Awards Saturday.
So in case you missed our blow-out coverage of the SAG Awards, the finale of Sundance or the latest on Demi Moore's status, don't worry. We've got the details on all that, and more, right here.
• Big Winners: The cast of The Help scored the ensemble award at the Screen Actors Guild Awards on Sunday, while stars Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer won the lead and supporting actress prizes, respectively. Jean DuJardin (The Artist) and Christopher Plummer (Beginners) were named best actor and supporting actor, respectively. On the TV side, the casts of Boardwalk Empire and Modern Family won the big prizes. Don't miss the complete list of winners, our best and worst moments, hottest backstage scoop and a rundown of the red carpet fashions.
• Them, Too: The Artist director Michel Hazanavicius took home top honors at the Directors Guild Awards Saturday night, winning the DGA for Best Director of a Feature. Meanwhile, The Killing and Curb Your Enthusiasm claimed the top TV honors.
• Sundancing! Drama flick Beasts of the Southern Wild and documentary The House I Live In received Grand Jury Prizes at the Sundance Film Festival on Saturday.
• Getting Better: Following her hospitalization, Demi Moore "doing great" and "much better than it's made out to be," according to director pal Patty Jenkins.
• Flash Dance: Céline Dion accidentally flashed a crowd during her performance at the Jamaica Jazz and Blues Festival in Jamaica Friday night, after she stepped on stage in a super-short gold Balmain dress.
• DOA Dragon: The U.S. remake of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo won't be allowed to screen in India, after the film's director, David Fincher, refused to cut scenes demanded by India's Central Board of Film Certification.
• Sad News: Soap actor Nick Santino committed suicide Wednesday, just a day after putting down his beloved pit bull allegedly due to pressure from his condo association.
• Box-Office Blitz: Action Flick The Grey rocked this weekend's box office with $20 million, followed by Underworld Awakening at $12.5 million and One for the Money at $11.8 Million.
• Waking Up in Vegas: Katy Perry made her first red carpet appearance post-split from hubby Russell Brand Friday, cohosting a charity event at 1OAK restaurant and nightclub at the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas.