Winslow/Meinelt / Splash News
Watch the crib.
That's what Beyoncé and Jay-Z fans the world over spent the weekend doing, as it wasn't long after daughter Blue Ivy Carter was born Saturday night that she not only had her own (fake, obviously) Twitter account but was already a worldwide trending topic.
And that's thanks in no small part to the countless superstar celebrity pals who wasted no time in sending out congratulations to the first-time parents. Naturally, first among them was B.'s A-list BFF Gwyneth Paltrow (who knows from eyebrow-raising baby monikers), who also gets the kudos for clarifying the initial name confusion over Baby Blue. Way to go, Auntie G.
In any case, Blue Ivy has racked up enough goodwill over the last two days to last a lifetime. Here's a taste:
• Gwyneth Paltrow: "Welcome to the world Blue! We love you already…It's Blue Ivy Carter!"
• Rihanna: "Welcome to the world princess Carter! Love Aunty Rih."
• Solange Knowles: "The most beautiful girl in the world."
• Diddy: "Congrats to jay and B! God Bless :) ! And many more!"
• Ryan Seacrest: "Congrats beyonce and jay-z on their little child of destiny, Blue Ivy! #watchthecrib."
• Russell Simmons: "congrats to my good friends Beyonce and Jay-Z…wowowowowo! Beyonce almost crashed the entire internet."
• Snooki: "Beyonce congrats on your baby gurl mama!!!! So happy for you, you deserve it sexpot."
• Nick Cannon: "CANNON'S COUNTDOWN: Congratulations to Jay-Z and Beyonce On Their Baby Girl!"
• Brooklyn Decker: "Oh my gosh Bey had her baby…I hope I hope I hope I hope she is named Brooklyn.. I will tattoo it on my butt if so…I'm KIDDING I will not tattoo Jay z and Beyonce's baby name on my butt… I just really hope it's Brooklyn.. we would be bonded…WAIT I wake up to news that the baby name is 'Blue' (love it)! What are the FACTS people?! I'm not above needing to know this information…Ivy Blue Carter. They named her Ivy Blue Carter.. we can no longer be bonded. I'll go cry myself to sleep now."
• One Republic: "Congrats Beyonce & Sean- it would seem musical royalty has just been born."
• Tyrese: "Congrats to you both.. You are love..! Beyonce and Jay are new proud parents of a healthy baby girl..Blessings!!"
• Holly Robinson Peete: "BREAKING: Beyonce and Jay-Z: It's A Girl!!"
• Jeffrey Ross: "Baby's first words, 'Allow me to introduce myself…' "