Do you need a fresh new look for 2012 or just a little tweak to your current beauty regime?
The Style network's makeover guru, Jeannie Mai, shares her makeup bag resolutions and beauty predictions for the new year—think color, a quicker hair routine and a positive attitude. It's an inspirational six-point plan to your most beautiful year ever!
1. "I'm obsessed with lips, what I call glitter lips. I think a woman's lips can be the most powerful and attractive trait of a woman's face. I'm excited to try new ways of decorating my own lips next year."
2. "Color is power to me, which is why I'm known as a wearapist. Wearapy is what I consider wearing specific colors and textures to manipulate what you want in life. For example, green means life, orange is intelligent energy...I'd love to try those colors on lips to inject that into what I'm saying!"
3. "I have my shower AND makeup routine down so that I can be ready and out the door in 10 minutes! It's hair that takes me forever. I have no idea how to do my own hair—so I'd love to get some tips from my very own hairstylist Norma Blaque for quick hairstyles in less than five minutes. If I learn I'll shoot a video so you can learn too."
4. "You know...I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm totally noticing li'l things about my face that weren't there before. And I'm gonna admit I haven't been the most responsible with skin because I take advantage of being Asian and young. So next year, I'm totally going to be specific about my skincare regime and stick to it!"
5. "I get asked a lot of questions from aspiring fans about life and my career that I got too busy to answer last year. I still have them all saved in a section on my email called Just Ask Jeannie. Next year I'm committing to tackle those questions on a weekly basis for mai blog. So send em on in!"
6. "The one secret to beauty that I believe is important to have, no matter what time of the year, is an attitude of gratitude. There is absolutely nothing in the world that can age a person more than feelings of bitterness or contempt. So always have in your heart that stuff you can't find in a bottle, like forgiveness, hope and love."