Happy New Year!
If you were too busy putting together the perfect New Year's Eve party outfit to notice that Katy Perry and Russell Brand rang in 2012 with a split, no need to worry. We've got all the details on that, plus where stars like Kim Kardashian and Kanye West partied for New Year's Eve, and more, right here.
• Calling it Quits: Russell Brand filed for divorce from Katy Perry after just 14 months of marriage. The couple wed in a lavish ceremony in India Oct. 23, 2010.
• Party Time: Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, Lady Gaga, Fergie and more partied the night away on New Year's Eve from coast to coast in NYC, Hollywood and Las Vegas. At an affair in Vegas, West hit the deejay booth, spinning hits for partygoers for three hours!
• Special Delivery: Eric Dane and wife Rebecca Gayheart welcomed a baby girl Wednesday, a daughter named Georgia Geraldine. This is the second child for the couple, who has a 10-month-old daughter, Billie Beatrice.
• Honorable Mentions: Helena Bonham Carter was awarded a CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) in the Queen's New Year Honors list, published Saturday.
• Tying the Knot: Chris O' Dowd is set to wed girlfriend British TV personality Dawn Porter. The Bridesmaids actor popped the question to Porter Dec. 26 while they were vacationing on the island of Guernsey.
• Wedded Bliss: American Idol alum James Durbin wed his longtime girlfriend Heidi Lowe Saturday in Santa Cruz, Calif. in front of 85 guests, including Idol alums Haley Reinhart, Stefano Langone and Casey Abrams.
• Mission Accomplished: Mission: Impossible—Ghost Protocol topped this weekend's box office for the second straight week with $31.3 million, followed by Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows at $22.1 million and Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked at $18.3 million.