Attention all passengers, we should be arriving to Middle-earth in a little less than a year (oh, is that all?!).
We know that it sucks to have to wait so long before feasting your eyes on The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in theaters, but at least we've got the teaser trailer to hold you for about two minutes until then (unless you watch it over and over. And over).
So let's discuss what this preview has to offer...
1. Young Bilbo: Pictures just don't do him justice. We finally get to see Martin Freeman in action as he takes on the iconic and leading role of the young Bilbo Baggins, who gets swept into the journey of a lifetime by trying to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor from the dragon Smaug.
2. Who Are You? A lot of new characters were introduced in this film, including a slew of dwarves (whose alter ego actors wouldn't recognize anyway with all that special-effects makeup) and actor Richard Armitage, who plays head honcho Thorin Oakenshiel.
3. Familiar Faces: Don't worry, fans. Many characters from The Lord of the Rings are also featured in the film. Gandalf (Ian McKellen), Frodo (Elijah Wood) and Galadriel (Cate Blanchett) make appearances in the trailer, but we'll have to wait to see Legolas (Orlando Bloom), Elrond (Hugo Weaving) and Saruman (Christopher Lee).
4. Dark Days Are Back: Die-hard LOTR fans might also enjoy the overall look and feel to the film. Unlike the animated Hobbit from back in the day, a lot of scenes from the new film are going to seem very similar to Jackson's first three films, with dark and chilling moments and the oh-so-exciting run-ins with Goblins, Orcs, Wargs and giant spiders.
5. Gollum's Still Here: At the very end of the teaser, we hear that cringing voice that makes us feel icky inside but also so captivating that we can't stop listening. Yes, our "precious" Gollum (Andy Serkis) makes a silhouetted appearance, along with the ring!